Florist to Prince Charles, Madonna and Elton John opens new shop in Hampstead
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
One of London’s most prestigious flower boutiques, Galton Flowers, whose clients include Prince Charles and Madonna, has opened a new flagship store in Flask Walk, Hampstead.
Galton Flowers was first established in 1948 in Golders Green Road, Golders Green, and its illustrious client list now includes Sir Elton John, Boy George and former PM Gordon Brown, as well as Kenwood House, Louis Vuitton and Jo Malone.
Brita Wolf, whose mother opened the original Galton Flowers shop, joined Sayeh Rafiei, owner of the new boutique, at the grand opening last Thursday.
The two women opened a branch of the flower shop before Ms Rafiei struck out on her own with this new venture.
“It is not only business for me, Hampstead is home,” said Ms Rafiei, a resident of Hampstead Garden Suburb.
“Everybody comes and says ‘Where have you been? Hampstead needed you!’ It’s really lovely.”
At this time of year the company’s speciality is a 60cm hand-made Christmas tree, made out of blue pine sprigs and decorated with fresh flowers and Christmas decorations.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 7 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 8 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'