Florist to Prince Charles, Madonna and Elton John opens new shop in Hampstead
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
One of London’s most prestigious flower boutiques, Galton Flowers, whose clients include Prince Charles and Madonna, has opened a new flagship store in Flask Walk, Hampstead.
Galton Flowers was first established in 1948 in Golders Green Road, Golders Green, and its illustrious client list now includes Sir Elton John, Boy George and former PM Gordon Brown, as well as Kenwood House, Louis Vuitton and Jo Malone.
Brita Wolf, whose mother opened the original Galton Flowers shop, joined Sayeh Rafiei, owner of the new boutique, at the grand opening last Thursday.
The two women opened a branch of the flower shop before Ms Rafiei struck out on her own with this new venture.
“It is not only business for me, Hampstead is home,” said Ms Rafiei, a resident of Hampstead Garden Suburb.
You may also want to watch:
“Everybody comes and says ‘Where have you been? Hampstead needed you!’ It’s really lovely.”
At this time of year the company’s speciality is a 60cm hand-made Christmas tree, made out of blue pine sprigs and decorated with fresh flowers and Christmas decorations.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead