Florist to Prince Charles, Madonna and Elton John opens new shop in Hampstead
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
One of London’s most prestigious flower boutiques, Galton Flowers, whose clients include Prince Charles and Madonna, has opened a new flagship store in Flask Walk, Hampstead.
Galton Flowers was first established in 1948 in Golders Green Road, Golders Green, and its illustrious client list now includes Sir Elton John, Boy George and former PM Gordon Brown, as well as Kenwood House, Louis Vuitton and Jo Malone.
Brita Wolf, whose mother opened the original Galton Flowers shop, joined Sayeh Rafiei, owner of the new boutique, at the grand opening last Thursday.
The two women opened a branch of the flower shop before Ms Rafiei struck out on her own with this new venture.
“It is not only business for me, Hampstead is home,” said Ms Rafiei, a resident of Hampstead Garden Suburb.
You may also want to watch:
“Everybody comes and says ‘Where have you been? Hampstead needed you!’ It’s really lovely.”
At this time of year the company’s speciality is a 60cm hand-made Christmas tree, made out of blue pine sprigs and decorated with fresh flowers and Christmas decorations.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 3 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead