Florist to Prince Charles, Madonna and Elton John opens new shop in Hampstead
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
One of London’s most prestigious flower boutiques, Galton Flowers, whose clients include Prince Charles and Madonna, has opened a new flagship store in Flask Walk, Hampstead.
Galton Flowers was first established in 1948 in Golders Green Road, Golders Green, and its illustrious client list now includes Sir Elton John, Boy George and former PM Gordon Brown, as well as Kenwood House, Louis Vuitton and Jo Malone.
Brita Wolf, whose mother opened the original Galton Flowers shop, joined Sayeh Rafiei, owner of the new boutique, at the grand opening last Thursday.
The two women opened a branch of the flower shop before Ms Rafiei struck out on her own with this new venture.
“It is not only business for me, Hampstead is home,” said Ms Rafiei, a resident of Hampstead Garden Suburb.
You may also want to watch:
“Everybody comes and says ‘Where have you been? Hampstead needed you!’ It’s really lovely.”
At this time of year the company’s speciality is a 60cm hand-made Christmas tree, made out of blue pine sprigs and decorated with fresh flowers and Christmas decorations.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 8 Jack Ampadu killing: Defendant denies murder charge
- 9 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 10 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme