Gallery: Keepy-uppy world-record breaker shows off at Beckford Primary School Winter Fair
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Hundreds of schoolchildren and parents descended on Beckford Primary, Dornfell Street, West Hampstead, to enjoy its annual Winter Fair on Saturday.
Teachers and organisers transformed the school’s classrooms and halls into a Santa’s grotto and gift workshop, with a choir entertaining visitors with carol-singing in a makeshift café.
While pupils got on with making their own festive cards and decorations, dads were also found playing with a gigantic Scalextric’s track taking over an entire classroom.
English football freestyle legend Matt Wolstenholme, who broke a 20km keepy-uppy world record at the Olympic Stadium last year, was also found impressing kids with his astonishing ball control.
Rachel Zoldan, 43, co-chairman of the school’s parent staff association, said: “The kids loved seeing him do all his tricks and the whole afternoon was a brilliant success.”
The school raised £2,000.
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 3 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 8 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden