Gallery: Keepy-uppy world-record breaker shows off at Beckford Primary School Winter Fair
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Hundreds of schoolchildren and parents descended on Beckford Primary, Dornfell Street, West Hampstead, to enjoy its annual Winter Fair on Saturday.
Teachers and organisers transformed the school’s classrooms and halls into a Santa’s grotto and gift workshop, with a choir entertaining visitors with carol-singing in a makeshift café.
While pupils got on with making their own festive cards and decorations, dads were also found playing with a gigantic Scalextric’s track taking over an entire classroom.
English football freestyle legend Matt Wolstenholme, who broke a 20km keepy-uppy world record at the Olympic Stadium last year, was also found impressing kids with his astonishing ball control.
Rachel Zoldan, 43, co-chairman of the school’s parent staff association, said: “The kids loved seeing him do all his tricks and the whole afternoon was a brilliant success.”
You may also want to watch:
The school raised £2,000.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans