Gallery: Keepy-uppy world-record breaker shows off at Beckford Primary School Winter Fair
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Hundreds of schoolchildren and parents descended on Beckford Primary, Dornfell Street, West Hampstead, to enjoy its annual Winter Fair on Saturday.
Teachers and organisers transformed the school’s classrooms and halls into a Santa’s grotto and gift workshop, with a choir entertaining visitors with carol-singing in a makeshift café.
While pupils got on with making their own festive cards and decorations, dads were also found playing with a gigantic Scalextric’s track taking over an entire classroom.
English football freestyle legend Matt Wolstenholme, who broke a 20km keepy-uppy world record at the Olympic Stadium last year, was also found impressing kids with his astonishing ball control.
Rachel Zoldan, 43, co-chairman of the school’s parent staff association, said: “The kids loved seeing him do all his tricks and the whole afternoon was a brilliant success.”
You may also want to watch:
The school raised £2,000.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown