Gallery: Keepy-uppy world-record breaker shows off at Beckford Primary School Winter Fair
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Hundreds of schoolchildren and parents descended on Beckford Primary, Dornfell Street, West Hampstead, to enjoy its annual Winter Fair on Saturday.
Teachers and organisers transformed the school’s classrooms and halls into a Santa’s grotto and gift workshop, with a choir entertaining visitors with carol-singing in a makeshift café.
While pupils got on with making their own festive cards and decorations, dads were also found playing with a gigantic Scalextric’s track taking over an entire classroom.
English football freestyle legend Matt Wolstenholme, who broke a 20km keepy-uppy world record at the Olympic Stadium last year, was also found impressing kids with his astonishing ball control.
Rachel Zoldan, 43, co-chairman of the school’s parent staff association, said: “The kids loved seeing him do all his tricks and the whole afternoon was a brilliant success.”
You may also want to watch:
The school raised £2,000.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council