Gallas cleaning up
Playwright, actor and Arsenal season ticket holder Patrick Marber has revealed he has another footballing love – little Conference South outfit Lewes. He told the Observer: Obviously, I d enjoyed greatly supporting Arsenal for years and still do, but …
Playwright, actor and Arsenal season ticket holder Patrick Marber has revealed he has another footballing love - little Conference South outfit Lewes.
He told the Observer: "Obviously, I'd enjoyed greatly supporting Arsenal for years and still do, but ... I realised sitting at the Emirates Stadium you experience the atmosphere by proxy, through the crowd, because you're one of them, whereas here you're kind of in it."
Arsenal's Jack Wilshere has revealed his favourite records to Fairsharemusic.com - with the website donating 50 per cent of downloads to Arsenal's charity of the season, Centrepoint.
And the 18-year-old is clearly a Michael Jackson fan with no more than four of his records making his top 10 - Wanna Be Startin' Something, Man In The Mirror, Billie Jean and Rock With You.
You may also want to watch:
Sevilla defender Julien Escude has expressed his 'disappointment' at Sebastien Squillaci's conduct. The Arsenal-bound centre-half refused to play for his club against Braga in the Champions League so as not to jeopardise his move and Escude told Marca: "When the coach gave his team talk, Sebastien was starting. Then, I do not know what happened ... but there was a change in the line-up.
"Later, we knew Sebastien refused to play. I am personally a little surprised ... I guess he wanted to leave."
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
The vitriol has stepped up against William Gallas on Arsenal fans websites. After seeing pictures of Gallas training with his new team-mates, 'Chika' claimed on Arsenalaction.com: "He (Gallas) looks like a man who has quit a job at the bank and got a job as a cleaner."
Former Arsenal favourite Robert Pires has turned down a two year contract with Shanghai Shenhua. L'Equipe claims the 36-year-old, a free agent, wants to return to France with St Etienne and Caen in the running.