Gallas cleaning up
Playwright, actor and Arsenal season ticket holder Patrick Marber has revealed he has another footballing love – little Conference South outfit Lewes. He told the Observer: Obviously, I d enjoyed greatly supporting Arsenal for years and still do, but …
Playwright, actor and Arsenal season ticket holder Patrick Marber has revealed he has another footballing love - little Conference South outfit Lewes.
He told the Observer: "Obviously, I'd enjoyed greatly supporting Arsenal for years and still do, but ... I realised sitting at the Emirates Stadium you experience the atmosphere by proxy, through the crowd, because you're one of them, whereas here you're kind of in it."
Arsenal's Jack Wilshere has revealed his favourite records to Fairsharemusic.com - with the website donating 50 per cent of downloads to Arsenal's charity of the season, Centrepoint.
And the 18-year-old is clearly a Michael Jackson fan with no more than four of his records making his top 10 - Wanna Be Startin' Something, Man In The Mirror, Billie Jean and Rock With You.
You may also want to watch:
Sevilla defender Julien Escude has expressed his 'disappointment' at Sebastien Squillaci's conduct. The Arsenal-bound centre-half refused to play for his club against Braga in the Champions League so as not to jeopardise his move and Escude told Marca: "When the coach gave his team talk, Sebastien was starting. Then, I do not know what happened ... but there was a change in the line-up.
"Later, we knew Sebastien refused to play. I am personally a little surprised ... I guess he wanted to leave."
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
The vitriol has stepped up against William Gallas on Arsenal fans websites. After seeing pictures of Gallas training with his new team-mates, 'Chika' claimed on Arsenalaction.com: "He (Gallas) looks like a man who has quit a job at the bank and got a job as a cleaner."
Former Arsenal favourite Robert Pires has turned down a two year contract with Shanghai Shenhua. L'Equipe claims the 36-year-old, a free agent, wants to return to France with St Etienne and Caen in the running.