John Henderson: Memorial service for popular West Hampstead bookseller to take place on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
The memorial service for much-loved West Hampstead bookseller John Henderson will take place tomorrow afternoon.
The event for the 49-year-old, who died on the Black Path in West Hampstead last month, will take place at the Emmanuel Church in Lyncroft Gardens, at 4pm on Saturday.
A celebration of his life will be held in the Alliance pub afterwards.
John was a popular fixture in West Hampstead, and memorably ran a book-stall near West Hampstead Thameslink Station. He was often joined by his three-legged Staffordshire Bull Terrier Sugar, who died last year.
A fundraising campaign in the weeks after his death has raised £6000 for charity, Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
You may also want to watch:
In May, the Ham&High reported that his daughter, 18-year-old Rosie, spoke to her Dad for the first time in ten years the week before he died. They were due to meet again in person, but John's death tragically prevented them from doing so.
Natasha Back, a friend of John's said: "His family invite the community to share in remembering John and welcome them to the Alliance afterwards. There will be a private cremation for family only."
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 2 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 8 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 9 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 10 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll