Frustration growing at Finchley and Golders Green count
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin. Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of ve
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin.
Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of verifying ballots.
Labour candidate Alison Moore expressed the view of many at the count, calling the delay and issues over postal votes frustrating.
She said: "Barnet are always rubbish at this, but this is worse than usual by some way. We have been here for six and a half hours and they have not started counting yet.
You may also want to watch:
"There was also the issue of postal votes arriving late. It is very frustrating.
"We also know that people were leaving polling stations because of the queues.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
"Clearly if the result is close, all these sort of things might or might not have played a part.
Turnout for the election in Finchley and Golders Green was 67.03 per cent, with 47,405 verified ballot papers.