Frustration growing at Finchley and Golders Green count
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin. Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of ve
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin.
Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of verifying ballots.
Labour candidate Alison Moore expressed the view of many at the count, calling the delay and issues over postal votes frustrating.
She said: "Barnet are always rubbish at this, but this is worse than usual by some way. We have been here for six and a half hours and they have not started counting yet.
You may also want to watch:
"There was also the issue of postal votes arriving late. It is very frustrating.
"We also know that people were leaving polling stations because of the queues.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
"Clearly if the result is close, all these sort of things might or might not have played a part.
Turnout for the election in Finchley and Golders Green was 67.03 per cent, with 47,405 verified ballot papers.