Frustration growing at Finchley and Golders Green count
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin. Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of ve
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin.
Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of verifying ballots.
Labour candidate Alison Moore expressed the view of many at the count, calling the delay and issues over postal votes frustrating.
She said: "Barnet are always rubbish at this, but this is worse than usual by some way. We have been here for six and a half hours and they have not started counting yet.
You may also want to watch:
"There was also the issue of postal votes arriving late. It is very frustrating.
"We also know that people were leaving polling stations because of the queues.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
"Clearly if the result is close, all these sort of things might or might not have played a part.
Turnout for the election in Finchley and Golders Green was 67.03 per cent, with 47,405 verified ballot papers.