Frustration growing at Finchley and Golders Green count
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin. Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of ve
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin.
Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of verifying ballots.
Labour candidate Alison Moore expressed the view of many at the count, calling the delay and issues over postal votes frustrating.
She said: "Barnet are always rubbish at this, but this is worse than usual by some way. We have been here for six and a half hours and they have not started counting yet.
"There was also the issue of postal votes arriving late. It is very frustrating.
"We also know that people were leaving polling stations because of the queues.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 6 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 9 Hampstead woman tells tribunal of alleged racist discrimination
- 10 Missing pet rabbit found by chance tip by stranger 'lucky to be alive'
"Clearly if the result is close, all these sort of things might or might not have played a part.
Turnout for the election in Finchley and Golders Green was 67.03 per cent, with 47,405 verified ballot papers.