Frustration growing at Finchley and Golders Green count
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin. Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of ve
Frustration is growing at the North London Business Centre where the Finchley and Golders Green count is yet to begin.
Estimates that the result would be announced by 3am are now way off the mark. Ham&High understands tellers are in the final stages of verifying ballots.
Labour candidate Alison Moore expressed the view of many at the count, calling the delay and issues over postal votes frustrating.
She said: "Barnet are always rubbish at this, but this is worse than usual by some way. We have been here for six and a half hours and they have not started counting yet.
You may also want to watch:
"There was also the issue of postal votes arriving late. It is very frustrating.
"We also know that people were leaving polling stations because of the queues.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
"Clearly if the result is close, all these sort of things might or might not have played a part.
Turnout for the election in Finchley and Golders Green was 67.03 per cent, with 47,405 verified ballot papers.