FROM THE MANAGER'S MOUTH: The week according to Juande Ramos
ON THE POOR PERFORMANCE AGAINST NEWCASTLE UNITED: It was quite strange because we had a good first half. The team was fine but without any apparent reason the direction of the match changed. I think it was due to a lack of tension and the fact that t
ON THE POOR PERFORMANCE AGAINST NEWCASTLE UNITED: "It was quite strange because we had a good first half.
"The team was fine but without any apparent reason the direction of the match changed.
"I think it was due to a lack of tension and the fact that the points weren't very important.
"Newcastle played more than us and the points were more important for them."
You may also want to watch:
ON THE APPARENT LACK OF MOTIVATION AGAINST LESSER CLUBS: "This is definitely something for me to look at and take into account when we are looking at the squad.
"In the important games, or when we are playing in games where there is something to play for, the players play with maximum intensity and concentration.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
"But when the games are of a lower profile they don't seem to have the same high level of motivation. This is something we have to analyse. They are not playing with maximum motivation.
"It is a long season and the level of performance is not as high as it should be. The points are not important."
ON CHANGING TO A 4-3-3 SYSTEM: "We're in a phase of the season that's not so important so it's useful to see the players in a different way of playing and we're looking to use the squad.
"That will then help us make the correct decisions for next season.