FROM THE MANAGER'S MOUTH: The week according to Juande Ramos
ON THE POOR PERFORMANCE AGAINST NEWCASTLE UNITED: It was quite strange because we had a good first half. The team was fine but without any apparent reason the direction of the match changed. I think it was due to a lack of tension and the fact that t
ON THE POOR PERFORMANCE AGAINST NEWCASTLE UNITED: "It was quite strange because we had a good first half.
"The team was fine but without any apparent reason the direction of the match changed.
"I think it was due to a lack of tension and the fact that the points weren't very important.
"Newcastle played more than us and the points were more important for them."
You may also want to watch:
ON THE APPARENT LACK OF MOTIVATION AGAINST LESSER CLUBS: "This is definitely something for me to look at and take into account when we are looking at the squad.
"In the important games, or when we are playing in games where there is something to play for, the players play with maximum intensity and concentration.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
"But when the games are of a lower profile they don't seem to have the same high level of motivation. This is something we have to analyse. They are not playing with maximum motivation.
"It is a long season and the level of performance is not as high as it should be. The points are not important."
ON CHANGING TO A 4-3-3 SYSTEM: "We're in a phase of the season that's not so important so it's useful to see the players in a different way of playing and we're looking to use the squad.
"That will then help us make the correct decisions for next season.