Frolicking flat-coated retrievers bring their owners together on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A crowd of dog walkers were brought together on Hampstead Heath by their shared love for the same breed.
Nearly 20 owners of flat-coated retrievers took their pets for a muddy group stroll on Sunday.
They were greeted at Parliament Hill bandstand with mulled wine at 9.30am by organisers Nigel and Caroline Richardson.
Friend Suzy Stern, 57, a retired tour guide, was allowed to take her blue roan cocker spaniel Harry Stern as an “honorary flattie”.
She said: “It was literally just because there’s an abundance of flat-coat retrievers on the Heath and Nigel and Caroline decided it would be fun to get them all together to have a walk and a swim.
“There were a few scraps, but the dogs thought it was wonderful.
“They’re fabulous dogs, they’re very intelligent and very personable.”
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 3 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 8 CCTV: ‘Violent’ Archway Road shop robbery
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after blaze destroys Abbey Road flat
- 10 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square