Frolicking flat-coated retrievers bring their owners together on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A crowd of dog walkers were brought together on Hampstead Heath by their shared love for the same breed.
Nearly 20 owners of flat-coated retrievers took their pets for a muddy group stroll on Sunday.
They were greeted at Parliament Hill bandstand with mulled wine at 9.30am by organisers Nigel and Caroline Richardson.
Friend Suzy Stern, 57, a retired tour guide, was allowed to take her blue roan cocker spaniel Harry Stern as an “honorary flattie”.
She said: “It was literally just because there’s an abundance of flat-coat retrievers on the Heath and Nigel and Caroline decided it would be fun to get them all together to have a walk and a swim.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a few scraps, but the dogs thought it was wonderful.
“They’re fabulous dogs, they’re very intelligent and very personable.”
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Affordable housing changes for 100 Avenue Road will test Camden's resolve