Frolicking flat-coated retrievers bring their owners together on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A crowd of dog walkers were brought together on Hampstead Heath by their shared love for the same breed.
Nearly 20 owners of flat-coated retrievers took their pets for a muddy group stroll on Sunday.
They were greeted at Parliament Hill bandstand with mulled wine at 9.30am by organisers Nigel and Caroline Richardson.
Friend Suzy Stern, 57, a retired tour guide, was allowed to take her blue roan cocker spaniel Harry Stern as an “honorary flattie”.
She said: “It was literally just because there’s an abundance of flat-coat retrievers on the Heath and Nigel and Caroline decided it would be fun to get them all together to have a walk and a swim.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a few scraps, but the dogs thought it was wonderful.
“They’re fabulous dogs, they’re very intelligent and very personable.”
- 1 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Parliament Hill viewpoint works delayed by nesting birds
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Letter on shopping for one!
- 8 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 9 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light