Friends of George Michael are creating a tribute garden to the star with the sea of flowers left outside his home
- Credit: Archant
Friends of George Michael were today gathering outside his Highgate home to create a tribute garden to the singer on the green opposite his house.
In silence they began to sort through the sea of thousands of floral tributes, candles and messages in The Grove and transfer them over to the green to create a walk-through tribute garden.
One said: “There are so many here. They are overflowing onto the road. We want to move them onto this green to create an area where people can walk through.”
The freezing weather means that the thousands of flowers left have been preserved.
“There are more being added daily,” said the family friend.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as George Michael fans are asking the City of London for a commemorative bench on Hampstead Heath, George Michael’s “favourite park” to pay tribute to him.
A petition currently has more than 780 signatures from all around the world.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
This week George’s close friend and former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell named her newborn son after the star.
She posted on Istagram “Montague George Hector Horner arrived this morning.”