Friends of George Michael are creating a tribute garden to the star with the sea of flowers left outside his home
- Credit: Archant
Friends of George Michael were today gathering outside his Highgate home to create a tribute garden to the singer on the green opposite his house.
In silence they began to sort through the sea of thousands of floral tributes, candles and messages in The Grove and transfer them over to the green to create a walk-through tribute garden.
One said: “There are so many here. They are overflowing onto the road. We want to move them onto this green to create an area where people can walk through.”
The freezing weather means that the thousands of flowers left have been preserved.
“There are more being added daily,” said the family friend.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as George Michael fans are asking the City of London for a commemorative bench on Hampstead Heath, George Michael’s “favourite park” to pay tribute to him.
A petition currently has more than 780 signatures from all around the world.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
This week George’s close friend and former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell named her newborn son after the star.
She posted on Istagram “Montague George Hector Horner arrived this morning.”