Fresh Lime Tart- Recipe With Jacqui Harris
Jacqui Harris | Roslin Beach Hotel, Thorpe Bay
Fresh lime tart(Serves 6 to 8)
JACQUI HARRIS was in the world of travel when she met the new owners of the Roslin Beach Hotel. They were so impressed with her skills in the industry they asked her to come and work for them.
You may also want to watch:
‘Initially I began at the Roslin as director of marketing, but soon I was offered the role of managing director, which I was delighted to accept,’ Jacqui explains.
The hotel’s aspirations are as impressive as its views out over the Thames Estuary. ‘We aim to be Southend’s number one destination hotel,’ adds Jacqui.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
So far those aims are on target, with 57 rooms all recently refurbished and including three luxury suites, nine executive rooms and 45 individually-decorated guest rooms.
The hotel is also busy with weddings and everything a bride could wish for is available, including a designated wedding planner and a honeymoon suite with balcony. Facilities allow the Roslin to cater for 100 guests sitting down for a wedding breakfast or 150 if you’re planning a buffet and the function suite offers that magnificent nautical vista.
The restaurant has its own sheltered terrace and the comfortable lounge draws diners from near and far for more casual dining. ‘It’s all about the service and quality of the products we offer here at the Roslin,’ Jacqui continues. ‘We are proud of what we offer and really love to look after our guests.’
Below, Jacqui shares the Roslin’s recipe for fresh lime tart.
Ingredients350g of sweet, short crust pastry5 eggs180g of caster sugar100ml of fresh lime juice2 tsp of grated zest of unwaxed limes180ml of double creamIcing sugar for serving
Method Butter a 24cm (10-inch) tart tin with a removable base. Line the pan with the short crust pastry, trim the edges, and then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Cover the pastry with foil and fill it with uncooked beans or pastry weights. Bake for 10 minutes until firm but not browned. Remove the foil and beans and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Lower the oven temperature to 160C/Gas 3. Beat the eggs and sugar until nice and creamy. Whisk in the lime juice and zest with a light hand, then the cream.
Pour the mixture into the tart shell (it is probably best to do this on the oven rack to minimise spillage) and bake for between 45 and 50 minutes or until just set.
Cool for an hour or so before dusting with icing sugar and slicing.
get the tasteRoslin Beach HotelThorpe EsplanadeThorpe BaySouthendSS1 3BG01702 586375