Day of free activities to celebrate Paddington Recreation Ground’s 125th birthday
- Credit: Everyone Active.
Paddington Recreation Ground is holding a celebration day on Saturday to mark its 125th anniversary.
A number of activities will run during the day, including two free 60-minute circuit sessions at 10am, and midday for people aged 16 and above.
There will also be a free tennis session from 10am until noon for all ages, and a free football session from noon until 2pm.
The recreation ground’s gym will also be open free-of-charge from midday until 6pm.
People are urged to book in advance.
The ground has had a strong influence on two of Britain’s leading sportsmen. The late-Sir Roger Bannister trained at the site before he broke the four-minute mile.
Meanwhile cyclist Sir Bradley Wiggins used the site as a child, and he grew up in the area.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 4 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 5 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 6 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 7 Barnet, Camden and Haringey receive boost for low vaccine uptake
- 8 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 9 Hampstead Heath past and present at new exhibition of London
- 10 Pond Street potholes causing 'mini earthquake' and 'damage to homes'
“Paddington Recreation Ground has a great history and we are honoured to play our part in securing a great future for the site,” says Ashton Rennie, general manager at Everyone Active.