Day of free activities to celebrate Paddington Recreation Ground’s 125th birthday
- Credit: Everyone Active.
Paddington Recreation Ground is holding a celebration day on Saturday to mark its 125th anniversary.
A number of activities will run during the day, including two free 60-minute circuit sessions at 10am, and midday for people aged 16 and above.
There will also be a free tennis session from 10am until noon for all ages, and a free football session from noon until 2pm.
The recreation ground’s gym will also be open free-of-charge from midday until 6pm.
People are urged to book in advance.
You may also want to watch:
The ground has had a strong influence on two of Britain’s leading sportsmen. The late-Sir Roger Bannister trained at the site before he broke the four-minute mile.
Meanwhile cyclist Sir Bradley Wiggins used the site as a child, and he grew up in the area.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 9 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 10 Crouch End continue unbeaten start with win at Hampstead
“Paddington Recreation Ground has a great history and we are honoured to play our part in securing a great future for the site,” says Ashton Rennie, general manager at Everyone Active.