Day of free activities to celebrate Paddington Recreation Ground’s 125th birthday
- Credit: Everyone Active.
Paddington Recreation Ground is holding a celebration day on Saturday to mark its 125th anniversary.
A number of activities will run during the day, including two free 60-minute circuit sessions at 10am, and midday for people aged 16 and above.
There will also be a free tennis session from 10am until noon for all ages, and a free football session from noon until 2pm.
The recreation ground’s gym will also be open free-of-charge from midday until 6pm.
People are urged to book in advance.
You may also want to watch:
The ground has had a strong influence on two of Britain’s leading sportsmen. The late-Sir Roger Bannister trained at the site before he broke the four-minute mile.
Meanwhile cyclist Sir Bradley Wiggins used the site as a child, and he grew up in the area.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 6 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
“Paddington Recreation Ground has a great history and we are honoured to play our part in securing a great future for the site,” says Ashton Rennie, general manager at Everyone Active.