Day of free activities to celebrate Paddington Recreation Ground’s 125th birthday
- Credit: Everyone Active.
Paddington Recreation Ground is holding a celebration day on Saturday to mark its 125th anniversary.
A number of activities will run during the day, including two free 60-minute circuit sessions at 10am, and midday for people aged 16 and above.
There will also be a free tennis session from 10am until noon for all ages, and a free football session from noon until 2pm.
The recreation ground’s gym will also be open free-of-charge from midday until 6pm.
People are urged to book in advance.
You may also want to watch:
The ground has had a strong influence on two of Britain’s leading sportsmen. The late-Sir Roger Bannister trained at the site before he broke the four-minute mile.
Meanwhile cyclist Sir Bradley Wiggins used the site as a child, and he grew up in the area.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
“Paddington Recreation Ground has a great history and we are honoured to play our part in securing a great future for the site,” says Ashton Rennie, general manager at Everyone Active.