Day of free activities to celebrate Paddington Recreation Ground’s 125th birthday
- Credit: Everyone Active.
Paddington Recreation Ground is holding a celebration day on Saturday to mark its 125th anniversary.
A number of activities will run during the day, including two free 60-minute circuit sessions at 10am, and midday for people aged 16 and above.
There will also be a free tennis session from 10am until noon for all ages, and a free football session from noon until 2pm.
The recreation ground’s gym will also be open free-of-charge from midday until 6pm.
People are urged to book in advance.
You may also want to watch:
The ground has had a strong influence on two of Britain’s leading sportsmen. The late-Sir Roger Bannister trained at the site before he broke the four-minute mile.
Meanwhile cyclist Sir Bradley Wiggins used the site as a child, and he grew up in the area.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 7 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
“Paddington Recreation Ground has a great history and we are honoured to play our part in securing a great future for the site,” says Ashton Rennie, general manager at Everyone Active.