Francis Holland School raises £710 with Pigs4Kids fashion show for Swiss Cottage special school
- Credit: Archant
A prestigious all-girls school has raised more than £700 with a lunchtime fashion show to support children at a Swiss Cottage special school.
Girls at Francis Holland School, in Ivor Place, Regent’s Park, paraded up and down a makeshift catwalk set up in the school’s main hall on Friday last week at the fundraiser to support Swiss Cottage School Development and Research Centre.
The fashion show, organised by Year 10 pupils, was watched by all 464 pupils at the school and featured teams of girls from every year group – each modelling styles from different decades.
A teachers’ team, representing the 1980s, strutted their stuff to the sound of 1981 hit Don’t You Want Me by The Human League.
French and Spanish teacher Marjorie Gustave, head of Year 10, said: “It was very well-organised and everyone said how much they enjoyed it. The girls did a very good job. The performers took it seriously and it went well.”
You may also want to watch:
Francis Holland pupils were inspired to raise money for the special school during a recent visit to meet teachers and pupils at its site in Avenue Road, Swiss Cottage.
Guests at the fashion show were required to pay an entrance fee to watch the show, with all the proceeds going to the Pigs4Kids campaign set up to support the special school and launched in partnership with the Ham&High.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
Cake sales at Francis Holland on Friday and Monday also raised money for Pigs4Kids.
In total, the school raised £710 which will go towards buying new iPads for pupils at the special school.
The Ham&High is asking readers to help raise £60,000 for the Pigs4Kids campaign, to support the £24million school which opened in October 2012.
To donate or find out how to pick up a Pigs4Kids piggy bank, call the Ham&High on 020 7433 0000 or visit www.pigs4kids.org