Four suspects still at large after Hampstead police car chase that wrecked BMW
- Credit: citizenside.com
Four suspects who fled a BMW after it crashed into a row of parked cars following a police chase are still at large.
It has also emerged that officers were in pursuit of the vehicle because it had no insurance, but police do not know if it was stolen.
Officers tried to stop the car in Finchley Road yesterday but the driver sped off.
Police gave chase at about 12.40pm and followed the car to Lyndhurst Gardens, Hampstead, where the driver appeared to lose control and smashed into parked vehicles.
The BMW and a parked red car were badly damaged in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Four suspects fled the vehicle and have not been tracked down. Witnesses said some of them escaped through the school playground at St Christopher’s primary school in Lyndhurst Gardens.
Police are investigating.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour