Four suspects still at large after Hampstead police car chase that wrecked BMW
- Credit: citizenside.com
Four suspects who fled a BMW after it crashed into a row of parked cars following a police chase are still at large.
It has also emerged that officers were in pursuit of the vehicle because it had no insurance, but police do not know if it was stolen.
Officers tried to stop the car in Finchley Road yesterday but the driver sped off.
Police gave chase at about 12.40pm and followed the car to Lyndhurst Gardens, Hampstead, where the driver appeared to lose control and smashed into parked vehicles.
The BMW and a parked red car were badly damaged in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Four suspects fled the vehicle and have not been tracked down. Witnesses said some of them escaped through the school playground at St Christopher’s primary school in Lyndhurst Gardens.
Police are investigating.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill