Four suspects still at large after Hampstead police car chase that wrecked BMW
- Credit: citizenside.com
Four suspects who fled a BMW after it crashed into a row of parked cars following a police chase are still at large.
It has also emerged that officers were in pursuit of the vehicle because it had no insurance, but police do not know if it was stolen.
Officers tried to stop the car in Finchley Road yesterday but the driver sped off.
Police gave chase at about 12.40pm and followed the car to Lyndhurst Gardens, Hampstead, where the driver appeared to lose control and smashed into parked vehicles.
The BMW and a parked red car were badly damaged in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Four suspects fled the vehicle and have not been tracked down. Witnesses said some of them escaped through the school playground at St Christopher’s primary school in Lyndhurst Gardens.
Police are investigating.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home