Four engines successfully battle fire at Kentish Town spa and sauna
- Credit: Archant
21 firefighters and officers were called to a ‘huge jet of black smoke’ in Kentish Town Road
Gus Gould, who works as a business development manager in Kentish Town, was going into Nando’s when he saw the fire and smoke.
He said: “I saw just a huge jet of black smoke pouring out of the building, It went very dark.
“I went around the building to find the source of the fire.”
He ran around the building to take a photograph.
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old described: “It was pretty hot, but I was trying to get close to get a picture.
“There were screams.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
“There were a few people around, most people were trying to get away.
“It was quite big, a lot of people thought it was a bonfire but as soon as we saw it near the building, we knew it wasn’t.”
More than 35 people rang the fire brigade to tell them about the fire.
A sauna at the rear of the ground floor of the spa was damaged by the blaze.
Fire crews from Kentish Town, Euston and Hornsey fire stations attended the scene on the busy street.
The Brigade was called at 1300 and the fire was under control at 1409.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.