Four engines successfully battle fire at Kentish Town spa and sauna
- Credit: Archant
21 firefighters and officers were called to a ‘huge jet of black smoke’ in Kentish Town Road
Gus Gould, who works as a business development manager in Kentish Town, was going into Nando’s when he saw the fire and smoke.
He said: “I saw just a huge jet of black smoke pouring out of the building, It went very dark.
“I went around the building to find the source of the fire.”
He ran around the building to take a photograph.
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old described: “It was pretty hot, but I was trying to get close to get a picture.
“There were screams.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
“There were a few people around, most people were trying to get away.
“It was quite big, a lot of people thought it was a bonfire but as soon as we saw it near the building, we knew it wasn’t.”
More than 35 people rang the fire brigade to tell them about the fire.
A sauna at the rear of the ground floor of the spa was damaged by the blaze.
Fire crews from Kentish Town, Euston and Hornsey fire stations attended the scene on the busy street.
The Brigade was called at 1300 and the fire was under control at 1409.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.