'Supporting the LGBT+ community in 2021 and into 2022'
Tessa Havers-Strong, director, forum+
- Credit: forum+
2021 has been busy and eventful year for forum+ with many positive developments taking place along the way.
This year, more than ever, we would like to pay tribute to our amazing volunteers, and trustees, for their tremendous commitment to supporting Camden and Islington LGBT communities. It is thanks to their efforts and dedication that over the last year we have been able to continue to provide services for the local LGBT+ community, even through the challenges of Covid-19.
forum+ will celebrate our 20th birthday in 2022 and we enter our third decade and the year ahead with optimism, excitement and hope.
Re-engaging with in-person activities and events was one of the key highlights of 2021. We loved meeting with the community at festivals celebrating the rich diversity of Camden and Islington. It was wonderful to have the opportunity to pay a visit to the LGBTQ+ venues and spaces operating locally. The recent arrival of Zodiac Bar in Camden is another example of how LGBTQ+ life and culture is thriving in the local area.
Throughout 2021 we continued to offer an online programme for anyone who preferred to connecting with forum+ remotely; Incite Poetry our monthly spoken word event, our brand new book club discussion group, forum+ International Film Club and the forum+ monthly public meeting all took place online.
In 2022 we’re looking forward to continuing to provide a range of activities and events that can be accessed and enjoyed from the comfort of your home. We’re especially excited for Camden & Islington LGBT History Month taking place in February 2022 : https://bit.ly/CamdenIslingtonLGBTHM
For updated information on forum+ activities and all our upcoming events please follow forum+ social media and website: twitter.com/forumplus, facebook.com/forumplus, instagram.com/forumplus and forumplus.org.uk
We are extremely proud of everything we have collectively achieved over the last year. forum+ could not have done this without the support of our funders Camden Council and Islington Council, and most crucially the engagement of so many wonderful individuals from the local LGBT+ community. Thank you all!
Tessa Havers-Strong is the director of forum+.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 5 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants