Fortune Green resident wrongly fined three times for parking outside his home
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
An accountant is calling for compensation after wasting hours fighting Camden Council parking officers – who gave him three tickets for parking outside his home due to a computer error.
Paul Bramley, of Ingham Road, Fortune Green, who charges clients hundreds of pounds for his time, spent hours appealing the tickets, which were issued even though he holds a valid resident permit.
Camden Council has cancelled the tickets and apologised for the mishap, which was due to a permit database error.
But Mr Bramley is unhappy he was offered only £50 compensation to make up for the nuisance and wasted hours.
The 52-year-old, who has lived in Ingham Road for 17 years, said: “My time is worth several hundreds of pounds an hour and I have wasted at least three hours with this issue but only have a £50 pay-off.
“I am still waiting for the council to give me my money after a week. I was tempted to say it is now £100 because they didn’t pay up in time.”
Cllr Phil Jones, Camden Council’s cabinet member for sustainability, said: “It is regrettable that Mr Bramley received penalty charge notices due a permit database error and we have apologised.
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 4 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 5 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
“In each instance we arranged for the swift cancellation of the tickets he received and have made an offer of £50 compensation as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience caused.”