Sir Michael Palin’s Lauderdale House talk raises £1,500 for Camden Music Trust
- Credit: Archant
Monty Python star and travel journalist Sir Michael Palin delighted an audience at a fundraiser for the Camden Music Trust last week.
At Lauderdale House, in Highgate, he held “an evening of places and places of poems,” and raised £1,500 for Camden mayor Jenny Headlam-Wells’ chosen charity.
Gospel Oak resident Sir Michael, who was knighted in the New Year’s Honours told stories from his life and travels, and read poetry and extracts.
Speaking of a girl he had a holiday romance with as a child, and was reunited with years later through a friend at university, he said “I suppose you could say the romance is still continuing now, as we’ve been married over 50 years!”
Asked where his favourite place in the world was, he said: “Home! I love travelling, but it’s always great to come back.”
You may also want to watch:
The mayor has now raised £48,700 for Camden Music Trust. It provides tuition, instruments and music groups to help all Camden children to take part in music.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees