Former head of £1.25 billion company new Whittington Hospital board member
The former head of a £1.25billion company is one of two new Whittington Hospital board members appointed on Friday.
Tony Rice, who was chief executive of Cable and Wireless Communications until January as well as a telephone healthcare provider, will now chair the hospital’s finance and business development committee.
The other appointee is Rob Whiteman, former chief executive of Barking and Dagenham Council, who will chair the trust’s audit and risk committee.
Steve Hitchins, chairman of the Whittington Health trust, said: “I am delighted to welcome Rob and Tony.”
He added: “Their expertise will strengthen the trust as it faces the challenges ahead.”
Both will join as non-executive board members.
The trust is also encouraging applications from black and minority ethnic candidates to join its predominantly white board.
- 1 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 5 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 9 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue