Former head of £1.25 billion company new Whittington Hospital board member
The former head of a £1.25billion company is one of two new Whittington Hospital board members appointed on Friday.
Tony Rice, who was chief executive of Cable and Wireless Communications until January as well as a telephone healthcare provider, will now chair the hospital’s finance and business development committee.
The other appointee is Rob Whiteman, former chief executive of Barking and Dagenham Council, who will chair the trust’s audit and risk committee.
Steve Hitchins, chairman of the Whittington Health trust, said: “I am delighted to welcome Rob and Tony.”
He added: “Their expertise will strengthen the trust as it faces the challenges ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Both will join as non-executive board members.
The trust is also encouraging applications from black and minority ethnic candidates to join its predominantly white board.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 10 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media