Former head of £1.25 billion company new Whittington Hospital board member
The former head of a £1.25billion company is one of two new Whittington Hospital board members appointed on Friday.
Tony Rice, who was chief executive of Cable and Wireless Communications until January as well as a telephone healthcare provider, will now chair the hospital’s finance and business development committee.
The other appointee is Rob Whiteman, former chief executive of Barking and Dagenham Council, who will chair the trust’s audit and risk committee.
Steve Hitchins, chairman of the Whittington Health trust, said: “I am delighted to welcome Rob and Tony.”
He added: “Their expertise will strengthen the trust as it faces the challenges ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Both will join as non-executive board members.
The trust is also encouraging applications from black and minority ethnic candidates to join its predominantly white board.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath