Former Gunner Hayes believes Spurs could suffer the Wembley factor
Former Arsenal striker Martin Hayes, a veteran of many bruising north London derbies in the 1980s, believes his former club have a great chance of extending there excellent run at The Lane. The lads have got a week s rest before the game while Spurs have
Former Arsenal striker Martin Hayes, a veteran of many bruising north London derbies in the 1980s, believes his former club have a great chance of extending there excellent run at The Lane.
"The lads have got a week's rest before the game while Spurs have their cup semi this weekend," said Hayes, now a pundit on Arsenal TV Online.
"Maybe we should be supporting them this weekend because if they win they will be through to the final and that could prove a distraction for them.
"Believe me, once you make a final it can be very hard to focus on the league.
You may also want to watch:
"But Tottenham's game at Wembley could really be to our advantage as it could take a lot out of them. We can rest players this week and we still have a chance for the title so there is plenty to play for this season.
"Wenger will be telling his players that ahead of Wednesday.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
"The Barcelona game is history. Really, Lionel Messi was the difference because if it wasn't for him it would have been a pretty even game between two passing sides.
"But as I say, it is gone now and there is still the Premier League to go for. Tottenham away is always massive, whatever the context, and we have a great record there. I really believe we can go there, do well, and win.