For the future of our keds, we need a New Green Deal
We could have an answer to the world recession/ depression that we are most certainly in, via a affirmative Green action in the form of a New Green Deal before we lose the future for our kids. Virtually every house in the UK could benefit from some for
We could have an answer to the world recession/ depression that we are most certainly in, via a affirmative Green action in the form of a 'New Green Deal' before we lose the future for our kids.
Virtually every house in the UK could benefit from some form of improved insulation and solar heating to reduce utility costs and usage. And employing people to work with purpose rather than despair on the dole surely has to be the way!
I'm advised that there is a new film starring Pete Postlewaite called the Age of Stupid and set some 50 years or so ahead of us when people are looking back and asking why we didn't act when we knew what what was in store for our kids!
I would invite everyone to take at look at http://climatesafety.org/, read just the two-page summary of the report and form their own opinions... just please don't deny the facts.
You may also want to watch:
Two per cent global warming in 20 years is a certainty. And I think it would be more than unfortunate if all that we do is allow our kids to grow up to discover that the rest was history!
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
Clarence Road, N15