For the future of our keds, we need a New Green Deal
We could have an answer to the world recession/ depression that we are most certainly in, via a affirmative Green action in the form of a New Green Deal before we lose the future for our kids. Virtually every house in the UK could benefit from some for
We could have an answer to the world recession/ depression that we are most certainly in, via a affirmative Green action in the form of a 'New Green Deal' before we lose the future for our kids.
Virtually every house in the UK could benefit from some form of improved insulation and solar heating to reduce utility costs and usage. And employing people to work with purpose rather than despair on the dole surely has to be the way!
I'm advised that there is a new film starring Pete Postlewaite called the Age of Stupid and set some 50 years or so ahead of us when people are looking back and asking why we didn't act when we knew what what was in store for our kids!
I would invite everyone to take at look at http://climatesafety.org/, read just the two-page summary of the report and form their own opinions... just please don't deny the facts.
Two per cent global warming in 20 years is a certainty. And I think it would be more than unfortunate if all that we do is allow our kids to grow up to discover that the rest was history!
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
Clarence Road, N15