Food merchant picks up a tasty prize for second time
A BELSIZE Park company has been given a prestigious business award for the second time in its history. Ivory and Ledoux, an international food merchant, has scooped another Queen s Award for Enterprise. This is the second time in seven years that the Have
A BELSIZE Park company has been given a prestigious business award for the second time in its history.
Ivory and Ledoux, an international food merchant, has scooped another Queen's Award for Enterprise.
This is the second time in seven years that the Haverstock Hill firm has been awarded the honour in recognition of its impressive import and export of goods, including Fontinella tuna and La Perruche rough-cut sugar cubes.
"It is a very prestigious award and a great stamp of approval. It's bestowed on very few people and it differentiates us from the many other suppliers around the world," said the company's Stephen Glazer.
You may also want to watch:
"When we won it in 2001, it had a very positive effect on our business. I think it just differentiates us from run-of-the-mill companies."
The company has 27 overseas markets with six new markets established in the last six years, during which time its overseas sales have more than doubled to £107million.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home