Fodder pops up for a month in Islington’s Brewery Below
- Credit: Archant
The local food pop-up comes to Islington in September with seven courses of seasonal, local food for £45
After a super-successful summer stint in June, Fodder, the pop-up that loves to go local, returns at Borough Wines & Beers’ Brewery Below for a month-long residency starting on 7 September with a whole new menu. Since their June pop-up, the team behind Fodder has been working hard to develop their network of independent, local suppliers and craftspeople to build upon the ethos and concept.
Running Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 7 - 30 September at Islington’s nano-brewery Brewery Below, guests will enjoy a full seven courses of wild, seasonal, and locally-sourced food for the very fair price of £45. Highlights include lamb nuggets, rosehip ‘ketchup’ and fermented turnip ‘mayo’, featuring foraged rosehips and lamb from The Butchery in Bermondsey, who work with native British breeds and small
organic farms. Fish will have come straight from Cornwall through hyper-local fishmongers Moxtons. Every aspect of the set meal tells a story - from the plates, which have been hand-crafted for the menu by the Clay Collective, to the ingredients on them, many of which have been handpicked by the chef himself.
The pop-up will be the perfect addition to the Urban Food Fortnight, an annual celebration of London’s best food and produce grown and cooked right on our doorsteps.
You may also want to watch:
Brewery Below, Borough Wines and Beers, 344 Essex Road, N1 3PD. Pop-up 7 - 30 September. Tickets: £45; book here boroughwines.co.uk
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue