Flasher threatened to rape Highgate woman after escaping from open prison, court hears
A flasher threatened to rape a terrified woman on her own doorstep while on the run from an open prison, a court heard.
Lee Cyrus, 48, exposed himself after leaping out of the shadows in Highgate as his victim returned home late at night, jurors heard yesterday.
She screamed in terror before alerting police on December 2, who arrived minutes later, Southwark Crown Court heard.
Giving evidence, the woman said she went to check a security gate and noticed Cyrus staring intently at her and touching himself just seven feet from her front door.
“He said ‘I’m going to rape you’ and just repeated it,” she told the court. “It was very matter of fact.”
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested Cyrus minutes later in Highgate Hill and the woman later picked him out during an identification parade, jurors heard.
Cyrus, also known as Ivan Leach, sparked a nationwide manhunt after he went on the run from HMP North Sea Camp open prison in Lincolnshire on October 9 last year.
- 1 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 2 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 3 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 4 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 5 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 8 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 9 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 10 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
He denies six counts of indecent exposure, wounding with intent, two counts of unlawful wounding, affray, aggravated burglary, robbery, burglary, and attempted rape.
The trial continues.