Flasher threatened to rape Highgate woman after escaping from open prison, court hears
A flasher threatened to rape a terrified woman on her own doorstep while on the run from an open prison, a court heard.
Lee Cyrus, 48, exposed himself after leaping out of the shadows in Highgate as his victim returned home late at night, jurors heard yesterday.
She screamed in terror before alerting police on December 2, who arrived minutes later, Southwark Crown Court heard.
Giving evidence, the woman said she went to check a security gate and noticed Cyrus staring intently at her and touching himself just seven feet from her front door.
“He said ‘I’m going to rape you’ and just repeated it,” she told the court. “It was very matter of fact.”
Police arrested Cyrus minutes later in Highgate Hill and the woman later picked him out during an identification parade, jurors heard.
Cyrus, also known as Ivan Leach, sparked a nationwide manhunt after he went on the run from HMP North Sea Camp open prison in Lincolnshire on October 9 last year.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 7 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
He denies six counts of indecent exposure, wounding with intent, two counts of unlawful wounding, affray, aggravated burglary, robbery, burglary, and attempted rape.
The trial continues.