Flasher threatened to rape Highgate woman after escaping from open prison, court hears
A flasher threatened to rape a terrified woman on her own doorstep while on the run from an open prison, a court heard.
Lee Cyrus, 48, exposed himself after leaping out of the shadows in Highgate as his victim returned home late at night, jurors heard yesterday.
She screamed in terror before alerting police on December 2, who arrived minutes later, Southwark Crown Court heard.
Giving evidence, the woman said she went to check a security gate and noticed Cyrus staring intently at her and touching himself just seven feet from her front door.
“He said ‘I’m going to rape you’ and just repeated it,” she told the court. “It was very matter of fact.”
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested Cyrus minutes later in Highgate Hill and the woman later picked him out during an identification parade, jurors heard.
Cyrus, also known as Ivan Leach, sparked a nationwide manhunt after he went on the run from HMP North Sea Camp open prison in Lincolnshire on October 9 last year.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
He denies six counts of indecent exposure, wounding with intent, two counts of unlawful wounding, affray, aggravated burglary, robbery, burglary, and attempted rape.
The trial continues.