Flasher threatened to rape Highgate woman after escaping from open prison, court hears
A flasher threatened to rape a terrified woman on her own doorstep while on the run from an open prison, a court heard.
Lee Cyrus, 48, exposed himself after leaping out of the shadows in Highgate as his victim returned home late at night, jurors heard yesterday.
She screamed in terror before alerting police on December 2, who arrived minutes later, Southwark Crown Court heard.
Giving evidence, the woman said she went to check a security gate and noticed Cyrus staring intently at her and touching himself just seven feet from her front door.
“He said ‘I’m going to rape you’ and just repeated it,” she told the court. “It was very matter of fact.”
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested Cyrus minutes later in Highgate Hill and the woman later picked him out during an identification parade, jurors heard.
Cyrus, also known as Ivan Leach, sparked a nationwide manhunt after he went on the run from HMP North Sea Camp open prison in Lincolnshire on October 9 last year.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
He denies six counts of indecent exposure, wounding with intent, two counts of unlawful wounding, affray, aggravated burglary, robbery, burglary, and attempted rape.
The trial continues.