Five arrested including two 16-year-olds after Muswell Hill stabbings
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital and five taken into custody following a brawl.
Officers and paramedics were called to Muswell Hill Road just before 10pm after receiving reports of an assault.
On arrival a 47-year-old man and 16-year-old boy were taken to hospital with stab injuries.
Four people were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) that night – incuding two 16-year-old boys, a 47-year-old man and a 28-year-old man – with a fifth – a 38-year-old man – arrested on suspicion of GBH today.
One of the 16-year-olds was further arrested for conspiracy to supply drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Four of the suspects have since been released under investigation pending further enquiries, but one 16-year-old is still in custody though he remains in hospital.
Tamas Sarosi, working at Planet Organic in Muswell Hill Road at the time, witnessed the aftermath of the attack saying: “I saw blood on the ground. I was thinking, it’s another stabbing in London. I wasn’t happy that something like this happened outside my workplace.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
All five are being held in east London police stations.
Enquiries are continuing.