Fish Tikka Starter recipe - Sachins Restaurant, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Fish Tikka Preparation time: 180 mins Cooking time: 30mins Ingredients: Cut fish into equal size cubes Salt to taste 15ml Lemon Juice 120gm Yoghurt 15ml Vinegar (sirka) 15gm Garam Masala
10gm Ground Cumin Seeds (Jeera) 10gm Ajwain seeds 10gm Red Chilli powder 10gm Garlic paste Oil or Butter for basting Method Wash and dry the cubed fish fillets.
Sprinkle salt and lemon juice. Set aside to marinate for half an hour.
Add yoghurt to a bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients and whisk well.
Pour mixture over pieces of fish and coat evenly.
You may also want to watch:
Leave to marinate for at least one hour.
Pre heat oven to 175 °C.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
Place fish on baking tray.
Cook until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
Sachins RestaurantForth Banks,Newcastle upon Tyne,NE1 3SG0191 261 9035/232 4660www.sachins.co.uk