Fish Tikka Starter recipe - Sachins Restaurant, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Fish Tikka Preparation time: 180 mins Cooking time: 30mins Ingredients: Cut fish into equal size cubes Salt to taste 15ml Lemon Juice 120gm Yoghurt 15ml Vinegar (sirka) 15gm Garam Masala
10gm Ground Cumin Seeds (Jeera) 10gm Ajwain seeds 10gm Red Chilli powder 10gm Garlic paste Oil or Butter for basting Method Wash and dry the cubed fish fillets.
Sprinkle salt and lemon juice. Set aside to marinate for half an hour.
Add yoghurt to a bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients and whisk well.
Pour mixture over pieces of fish and coat evenly.
You may also want to watch:
Leave to marinate for at least one hour.
Pre heat oven to 175 °C.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Place fish on baking tray.
Cook until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
Sachins RestaurantForth Banks,Newcastle upon Tyne,NE1 3SG0191 261 9035/232 4660www.sachins.co.uk