Fish Tikka Starter recipe - Sachins Restaurant, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Fish Tikka Preparation time: 180 mins Cooking time: 30mins Ingredients: Cut fish into equal size cubes Salt to taste 15ml Lemon Juice 120gm Yoghurt 15ml Vinegar (sirka) 15gm Garam Masala
10gm Ground Cumin Seeds (Jeera) 10gm Ajwain seeds 10gm Red Chilli powder 10gm Garlic paste Oil or Butter for basting Method Wash and dry the cubed fish fillets.
Sprinkle salt and lemon juice. Set aside to marinate for half an hour.
Add yoghurt to a bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients and whisk well.
Pour mixture over pieces of fish and coat evenly.
You may also want to watch:
Leave to marinate for at least one hour.
Pre heat oven to 175 °C.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
Place fish on baking tray.
Cook until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
Sachins RestaurantForth Banks,Newcastle upon Tyne,NE1 3SG0191 261 9035/232 4660www.sachins.co.uk