First pictures of new Chalk Farm cinema released
- Credit: Archant
The first images of a new art-house cinema proposed for Chalk Farm were on show to the public over the weekend.
The three-screen basement cinema is part of a major redevelopment of the former home of iconic restaurant and ice cream factory Marine Ices.
The plans by developer London and Regional Properties would also see the construction of 19 upper floor flats and a new ground floor restaurant.
It comes after the long-running Marine Ices store moved out of its home of more than 80 years and opened a new parlour 300 yards away in Chalk Farm Road.
Calling the complex Marine Ices Cinema, the developers say they hope to return the much-loved ice cream to its former home by selling it in the new restaurant and cinema.
You may also want to watch:
Geoff Springer, director of London and Regional Properties, said: “We are keen to create a development that will benefit the area and provide something new for the local community.
“In particular, Camden Town’s cultural offer will be significantly increased with a new 3-screen art-house cinema, including a restaurant, opposite the Roundhouse venue.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 7 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
“The development will also provide 19 new homes, including an offer of affordable housing, to address the significant shortage of homes in Camden.
“With Marine Ices moving back in to Camden, just down the road, this is a real opportunity to continue the site’s long history with Marine Ices by making their ice cream available in the new cinema and restaurant.”