First picture of tragic Muswell Hill schoolboy killed in Swiss bus crash
This is the first picture of the Muswell Hill schoolboy who tragically died in a horrific Swiss bus crash.
Sebastian Bowles, 11, a former pupil of Our Lady of Muswell Hill Catholic Primary School in Pages Lane, was one of 22 children who died in the crash on Tuesday (March 13).
Staff at his former school earlier today (Friday March 16) paid tribute to the youngster, known by his teachers as ‘the little cherub’.
A statement from the headteacher, staff, pupils, and governors at the school, said: “Our school community is still reeling from the shock of this terrible accident. Our thoughts and prayers are with Sebastian’s family at this tragic time.”
A minute’s silence was held at the school, and teachers are offering support to the children, many of whom knew and remember Sebastian and his family.
You may also want to watch:
Sebastian attended the school from September 2003 to July 2009 when his family moved from Crouch End to Belgium.
He was one of 52 people on the bus when it hit a tunnel wall as school children from Belgium returned from a ski holiday in the Swiss Alps.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
Relatives of the 28 dead faced the heartbreaking task of identifying them ahead of their repatriation.
Sebastian’s British father Edward and Belgian mother Ann landed in Brussels to identify their son’s body yesterday night (Thursday, March 15).