First couple to marry on Hampstead Heath: ‘We’re checking weather every day’
- Credit: Archant
These two lovebirds are set to become the first couple to tie the knot in the great outdoors on Hampstead Heath.
Marketing consultant Kate Jaffe, 35, and furniture designer Andrew Corden, 33 switched their wedding venue at the last minute to be able to utter their vows in the magical setting of the Heath’s Hill Garden.
Ms Jaffe said: “Everyone thinks I’m completely mad for moving a month before the wedding – except for people who know the Hill Garden!
“It’s the most beautiful place, it just blew me away and we had to get married there.”
The couple, from South Hampstead, had already booked Camden Town Hall and sent out invitations when they changed their plans, just a few weeks before the big day on Saturday July 26.
You may also want to watch:
They will be the first to marry at what could become one of London’s most sought-after venues.
The City of London Corporation only approved plans to host ceremonies at the secluded spot last month.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
While the couple will be covered by a small roof, their 40 guests may have to rely on ponchos and umbrellas as the seating will be open to the elements.
“I’m checking the weather forecast about twice a day,” said Ms Jaffe.
“It’s a risk worth taking.
“Being the first people to be married on Hampstead Heath – that’s always going to be with us.”