First couple to marry on Hampstead Heath: ‘We’re checking weather every day’
- Credit: Archant
These two lovebirds are set to become the first couple to tie the knot in the great outdoors on Hampstead Heath.
Marketing consultant Kate Jaffe, 35, and furniture designer Andrew Corden, 33 switched their wedding venue at the last minute to be able to utter their vows in the magical setting of the Heath’s Hill Garden.
Ms Jaffe said: “Everyone thinks I’m completely mad for moving a month before the wedding – except for people who know the Hill Garden!
“It’s the most beautiful place, it just blew me away and we had to get married there.”
The couple, from South Hampstead, had already booked Camden Town Hall and sent out invitations when they changed their plans, just a few weeks before the big day on Saturday July 26.
You may also want to watch:
They will be the first to marry at what could become one of London’s most sought-after venues.
The City of London Corporation only approved plans to host ceremonies at the secluded spot last month.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
While the couple will be covered by a small roof, their 40 guests may have to rely on ponchos and umbrellas as the seating will be open to the elements.
“I’m checking the weather forecast about twice a day,” said Ms Jaffe.
“It’s a risk worth taking.
“Being the first people to be married on Hampstead Heath – that’s always going to be with us.”