First couple to marry at new Hampstead Heath wedding venue praise ‘beautiful’ setting
- Credit: Archant
The first couple to marry at a new outdoor wedding venue on Hampstead Heath have praised the “beautiful” setting and staff who ensured the ceremony went off “without a hitch”.
Marketing consultant Kate Jaffe, 35, and furniture designer Andrew Corden, 33, took their vows at the Heath’s Hill Garden on Saturday, July 26.
The wedding ceremony took place under a rotunda (pictured) before a champagne reception in the garden’s pergola.
The bride said: “It was beautiful – it could not have gone any better.
“The venue was amazing and the people who ran it from the City of London Corporation [which manages the Heath] were really well-organised.
You may also want to watch:
“It was just a magical day – and the weather was perfect!”
She added that the venue is already proving popular according to staff from the City, who told her it is was already booked up for the whole of August next year.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 6 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate