First couple to marry at new Hampstead Heath wedding venue praise ‘beautiful’ setting
- Credit: Archant
The first couple to marry at a new outdoor wedding venue on Hampstead Heath have praised the “beautiful” setting and staff who ensured the ceremony went off “without a hitch”.
Marketing consultant Kate Jaffe, 35, and furniture designer Andrew Corden, 33, took their vows at the Heath’s Hill Garden on Saturday, July 26.
The wedding ceremony took place under a rotunda (pictured) before a champagne reception in the garden’s pergola.
The bride said: “It was beautiful – it could not have gone any better.
“The venue was amazing and the people who ran it from the City of London Corporation [which manages the Heath] were really well-organised.
You may also want to watch:
“It was just a magical day – and the weather was perfect!”
She added that the venue is already proving popular according to staff from the City, who told her it is was already booked up for the whole of August next year.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 7 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 8 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate