Firoz offers new hope to Alexandra Palace arts centre
A COMMUNITY arts centre in the grounds of Alexandra Palace will not be demolished by the building s new owner. Property tycoon Firoz Kassam has been granted a 125-year lease for the historic landmark and plans to develop a luxury complex. The CUFOS proje
A COMMUNITY arts centre in the grounds of Alexandra Palace will not be demolished by the building's new owner.
Property tycoon Firoz Kassam has been granted a 125-year lease for the historic landmark and plans to develop a luxury complex.
The CUFOS project in the old train station feared it could be kicked out when the lease expires in 2011 but was told this week it can reapply to have its contract renewed.
Valerie Osmotherley, CUFOS secretary, said: "I hope Mr Kassam thinks we are a valuable local community facility and will try to protect us in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
"We feel we are in a stronger position but will have to wait to see what happens.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 10 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers