Firefighters tackle blaze in 22nd-floor flat in Paddington
- Credit: sub
Fire crews were called to a blaze in a flat 22 floors up this evening. The fire, in a high-rise building in Cambridge Square, Paddington, saw part of the flat badly damaged but fortunately no-one was hurt.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers from Soho and Paddington fire stations attended the scene at 5pm. The fire was brought under control shortly after 5.30pm and its cause is under investigation.
The incident follows another blaze at a Paddington flat on Friday evening, attended by six fire engines.
A large part of the flat, in Sussex Gardens, was damaged, but again no-one was injured.
Firefighters were called to the scene at 8.31pm and had it under control by 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham