Firefighters tackle blaze in 22nd-floor flat in Paddington
- Credit: sub
Fire crews were called to a blaze in a flat 22 floors up this evening. The fire, in a high-rise building in Cambridge Square, Paddington, saw part of the flat badly damaged but fortunately no-one was hurt.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers from Soho and Paddington fire stations attended the scene at 5pm. The fire was brought under control shortly after 5.30pm and its cause is under investigation.
The incident follows another blaze at a Paddington flat on Friday evening, attended by six fire engines.
A large part of the flat, in Sussex Gardens, was damaged, but again no-one was injured.
Firefighters were called to the scene at 8.31pm and had it under control by 10pm.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 4 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 5 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future