Firefighters tackle blaze in 22nd-floor flat in Paddington
- Credit: sub
Fire crews were called to a blaze in a flat 22 floors up this evening. The fire, in a high-rise building in Cambridge Square, Paddington, saw part of the flat badly damaged but fortunately no-one was hurt.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers from Soho and Paddington fire stations attended the scene at 5pm. The fire was brought under control shortly after 5.30pm and its cause is under investigation.
The incident follows another blaze at a Paddington flat on Friday evening, attended by six fire engines.
A large part of the flat, in Sussex Gardens, was damaged, but again no-one was injured.
Firefighters were called to the scene at 8.31pm and had it under control by 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill