Firefighters tackle blaze in 22nd-floor flat in Paddington
- Credit: sub
Fire crews were called to a blaze in a flat 22 floors up this evening. The fire, in a high-rise building in Cambridge Square, Paddington, saw part of the flat badly damaged but fortunately no-one was hurt.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers from Soho and Paddington fire stations attended the scene at 5pm. The fire was brought under control shortly after 5.30pm and its cause is under investigation.
The incident follows another blaze at a Paddington flat on Friday evening, attended by six fire engines.
A large part of the flat, in Sussex Gardens, was damaged, but again no-one was injured.
Firefighters were called to the scene at 8.31pm and had it under control by 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office