Firefighters tackle blaze at house in West Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters fought for an hour to control a blaze at a house in West End Lane, West Hampstead, on Friday evening.
The Fire Brigade was called shortly after 10pm after a fire broke out at a house undergoing refurbishment.
As smoke filled the street, four fire engines were sent to the scene from West Hampstead, Paddington, and Belsize fire stations.
Firefighters managed to get the fire under control around an hour later.
Although nobody was hurt, the scaffolding and hoarding around the front of the house was badly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The house itself suffered only a small amount of damage.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved