Firefighters tackle blaze at house in West Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters fought for an hour to control a blaze at a house in West End Lane, West Hampstead, on Friday evening.
The Fire Brigade was called shortly after 10pm after a fire broke out at a house undergoing refurbishment.
As smoke filled the street, four fire engines were sent to the scene from West Hampstead, Paddington, and Belsize fire stations.
Firefighters managed to get the fire under control around an hour later.
Although nobody was hurt, the scaffolding and hoarding around the front of the house was badly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The house itself suffered only a small amount of damage.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 3 Highgate's Well Pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster vaccines with flu jabs
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 8 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs