Firefighters tackle blaze at house in West Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters fought for an hour to control a blaze at a house in West End Lane, West Hampstead, on Friday evening.
The Fire Brigade was called shortly after 10pm after a fire broke out at a house undergoing refurbishment.
As smoke filled the street, four fire engines were sent to the scene from West Hampstead, Paddington, and Belsize fire stations.
Firefighters managed to get the fire under control around an hour later.
Although nobody was hurt, the scaffolding and hoarding around the front of the house was badly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The house itself suffered only a small amount of damage.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge