Firefighters rescue woman from car after Finchley Road smash
A WOMAN had to be cut free from her car after colliding with a van on Finchley Road this afternoon. According to witnesses the crash happened when the woman tried to turn her car around on the busy southbound carriageway at around 12.20pm. Four fire engin
A WOMAN had to be cut free from her car after colliding with a van on Finchley Road this afternoon.
According to witnesses the crash happened when the woman tried to turn her car around on the busy southbound carriageway at around 12.20pm.
The Ham&High understands the injured woman called police herself to say she was stuck in her vehicle in the middle of the road.
Four fire engines, three ambulances and numerous police cars rushed to the scene. The woman is believed to have suffered a neck injury meaning firefighters had to use specialist cutting equipment to free her from her car so she could be taken to hospital. The male driver of the van was also taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Knowles, who was working at Cellblock Tattoos, opposite the scene of the crash said: "She was in the bus lane and was trying to turn her car around. She turned it into the van driver's path and he smashed straight into her door. She had some kind of neck injury so they could not move her and she had to be cut free.
"She looked shocked obviously and was in some distress."
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
Police have confirmed that all three lanes of the Finchley Road were closed while the woman was freed from her car.