Firefighters involved in attempt to rescue squirrel stranded on roof of Camden Stables Market
- Credit: Archant
This afternoon the fire brigade were called to Camden Stables market to a situation they found a very tough nut to crack.
They were there to rescue a squirrel.
The furry creature in question had been trapped, apparently immobile, on the roof of the were called this afternoon to help rescue a squirrel seemingly stuck on the roof of the market.
David Cole, who runs a research firm there, said he reported the incident to a number of squirrel and animal charities, who advised him to call the fire brigade.
He told this paper his window looks out onto the roof, and he was worried about the squirrel. He said: "It had been up there 36 hours, since yesterday morning and it was barely moving. How it got there's a mystery."
You may also want to watch:
The fire brigade attended at about 1.30pm, there they scaled the building in an attempt to rescue the squirrel, only to frighten the squirrel into moving.
David said its miraculous recovery was "counted as a successful save" by the firefighters, but at the time of writing the animal was still on the roof.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate