Fire rips through Russian couple’s home in East Finchley’s ‘Billionaires’ Row’
Around 40 firefighters were needed to tackle an early-morning blaze which ripped through a home in East Finchley yesterday.
Eight fire engines arrived at the scene of the fire in The Bishops Avenue shortly after 4.50am and firefighters spent over two hours battling flames engulfing the roof and first floor of the family home.
Fire crews from Finchley, Barnet, Willesden, Hornsey, West Hampstead, Wembley and Edmonton fire stations attended the incident.
Three adults escaped the house before the London Fire Brigade’s arrival.
The house, situated on one of London’s most exclusive streets, known as “Billionaires’ Row”, belongs to Russian couple Iouri and Natalia Chliaifchtein.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Chliaifchtein, 55, is the director of Essex-based private wealth management company Telora Ltd.
Fire investigation teams are currently examining the cause of the fire.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action