Fire rips through Russian couple’s home in East Finchley’s ‘Billionaires’ Row’
Around 40 firefighters were needed to tackle an early-morning blaze which ripped through a home in East Finchley yesterday.
Eight fire engines arrived at the scene of the fire in The Bishops Avenue shortly after 4.50am and firefighters spent over two hours battling flames engulfing the roof and first floor of the family home.
Fire crews from Finchley, Barnet, Willesden, Hornsey, West Hampstead, Wembley and Edmonton fire stations attended the incident.
Three adults escaped the house before the London Fire Brigade’s arrival.
The house, situated on one of London’s most exclusive streets, known as “Billionaires’ Row”, belongs to Russian couple Iouri and Natalia Chliaifchtein.
Mr Chliaifchtein, 55, is the director of Essex-based private wealth management company Telora Ltd.
Fire investigation teams are currently examining the cause of the fire.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 2 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 3 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 4 'Looking for '70s or '80s clothing? Here is a north London gem'
- 5 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- 6 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 7 Hundreds march against male violence in Haringey
- 8 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 9 CCTV: ‘Violent’ Archway Road shop robbery
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland