Fire rips through Russian couple’s home in East Finchley’s ‘Billionaires’ Row’
Around 40 firefighters were needed to tackle an early-morning blaze which ripped through a home in East Finchley yesterday.
Eight fire engines arrived at the scene of the fire in The Bishops Avenue shortly after 4.50am and firefighters spent over two hours battling flames engulfing the roof and first floor of the family home.
Fire crews from Finchley, Barnet, Willesden, Hornsey, West Hampstead, Wembley and Edmonton fire stations attended the incident.
Three adults escaped the house before the London Fire Brigade’s arrival.
The house, situated on one of London’s most exclusive streets, known as “Billionaires’ Row”, belongs to Russian couple Iouri and Natalia Chliaifchtein.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Chliaifchtein, 55, is the director of Essex-based private wealth management company Telora Ltd.
Fire investigation teams are currently examining the cause of the fire.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill