Fire rips through Russian couple’s home in East Finchley’s ‘Billionaires’ Row’
Around 40 firefighters were needed to tackle an early-morning blaze which ripped through a home in East Finchley yesterday.
Eight fire engines arrived at the scene of the fire in The Bishops Avenue shortly after 4.50am and firefighters spent over two hours battling flames engulfing the roof and first floor of the family home.
Fire crews from Finchley, Barnet, Willesden, Hornsey, West Hampstead, Wembley and Edmonton fire stations attended the incident.
Three adults escaped the house before the London Fire Brigade’s arrival.
The house, situated on one of London’s most exclusive streets, known as “Billionaires’ Row”, belongs to Russian couple Iouri and Natalia Chliaifchtein.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Chliaifchtein, 55, is the director of Essex-based private wealth management company Telora Ltd.
Fire investigation teams are currently examining the cause of the fire.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'