Fire rips through Russian couple’s home in East Finchley’s ‘Billionaires’ Row’
Around 40 firefighters were needed to tackle an early-morning blaze which ripped through a home in East Finchley yesterday.
Eight fire engines arrived at the scene of the fire in The Bishops Avenue shortly after 4.50am and firefighters spent over two hours battling flames engulfing the roof and first floor of the family home.
Fire crews from Finchley, Barnet, Willesden, Hornsey, West Hampstead, Wembley and Edmonton fire stations attended the incident.
Three adults escaped the house before the London Fire Brigade’s arrival.
The house, situated on one of London’s most exclusive streets, known as “Billionaires’ Row”, belongs to Russian couple Iouri and Natalia Chliaifchtein.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Chliaifchtein, 55, is the director of Essex-based private wealth management company Telora Ltd.
Fire investigation teams are currently examining the cause of the fire.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?