Fire in Kentish Town
THERE were dramatic scenes in Kentish Town today when a van and car caught fire.
Eye witnesses described popping out of the office for lunch and seeing the blaze in Castle Road.
Kathy Christou of MBM Ringley Estate Agents in Castle Road said: “A van caught fire and it looks like a VW has also been burned.
Fire officers are down there at the moment.”
Her colleague, receptionist Lauren Crook added: “I saw a van stop and it was on fire. Another Volkswagen caught fire.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Camden Police said officers were called to the scene just after 1.45pm.
He added: “A transit van was on fire and another vehicle had also caught alight. The area was cordoned off to ensure people were kept safe. It is not believed to be suspicious.”
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
There have not been any reports of injuries. A spokesman for London Fire Brigade confirmed that officers were called to the scene at 1.45pm.