Fire in Kentish Town
THERE were dramatic scenes in Kentish Town today when a van and car caught fire.
Eye witnesses described popping out of the office for lunch and seeing the blaze in Castle Road.
Kathy Christou of MBM Ringley Estate Agents in Castle Road said: “A van caught fire and it looks like a VW has also been burned.
Fire officers are down there at the moment.”
Her colleague, receptionist Lauren Crook added: “I saw a van stop and it was on fire. Another Volkswagen caught fire.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Camden Police said officers were called to the scene just after 1.45pm.
He added: “A transit van was on fire and another vehicle had also caught alight. The area was cordoned off to ensure people were kept safe. It is not believed to be suspicious.”
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
There have not been any reports of injuries. A spokesman for London Fire Brigade confirmed that officers were called to the scene at 1.45pm.