Fire in Kentish Town
THERE were dramatic scenes in Kentish Town today when a van and car caught fire.
Eye witnesses described popping out of the office for lunch and seeing the blaze in Castle Road.
Kathy Christou of MBM Ringley Estate Agents in Castle Road said: “A van caught fire and it looks like a VW has also been burned.
Fire officers are down there at the moment.”
Her colleague, receptionist Lauren Crook added: “I saw a van stop and it was on fire. Another Volkswagen caught fire.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Camden Police said officers were called to the scene just after 1.45pm.
He added: “A transit van was on fire and another vehicle had also caught alight. The area was cordoned off to ensure people were kept safe. It is not believed to be suspicious.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
There have not been any reports of injuries. A spokesman for London Fire Brigade confirmed that officers were called to the scene at 1.45pm.