Fire in Kentish Town
THERE were dramatic scenes in Kentish Town today when a van and car caught fire.
Eye witnesses described popping out of the office for lunch and seeing the blaze in Castle Road.
Kathy Christou of MBM Ringley Estate Agents in Castle Road said: “A van caught fire and it looks like a VW has also been burned.
Fire officers are down there at the moment.”
Her colleague, receptionist Lauren Crook added: “I saw a van stop and it was on fire. Another Volkswagen caught fire.”
A spokesman for Camden Police said officers were called to the scene just after 1.45pm.
He added: “A transit van was on fire and another vehicle had also caught alight. The area was cordoned off to ensure people were kept safe. It is not believed to be suspicious.”
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
There have not been any reports of injuries. A spokesman for London Fire Brigade confirmed that officers were called to the scene at 1.45pm.