Blaze damages flat above shops in Golders Green
- Credit: Sarah Jane Palmer
A third-floor room was badly damaged in a fire in Golders Green on Saturday night.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters from the London Fire Brigade were called to a flat in Finchley Road at 6.52pm to reports of a fire in a four-bedroom flat.
One of the rooms and a small part of the roof of the flat above shops on the roundabout in Golders Green, opposite the underground station, was damaged by the blaze. The fire was under control by 7.45pm.
Fire crews from West Hampstead, and Finchley fire stations attended the scene.
There has been no reports of any injuries. The cause is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the fire, or has your flat been affected? Contact the newsdesk at email@example.com or 0207 433 0119.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?