Fire crews tackle blaze at London Zoo in Regent’s Park
- Credit: PA
Seventy firefighters attended a blaze at London Zoo in Regents Park.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) were called at 6.08am to the Adventure cafe and shop near the Meerkat enclosure.
Ten fire engines, and around 70 firefighters and officers were tackling the fire which was brought under control at around 10am.
A photograph posted on Twitter by LFB shows smoke billowing from the building as firefighters work at the scene.
A spokeswoman for LFB said: “Approximately half of an adventure cafe and shop, which also contains an animal petting area, is currently alight.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not believed any animals are involved at this stage.”
She added that the cause of the fire is not currently known.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill