Fire crews tackle blaze at London Zoo in Regent’s Park
- Credit: PA
Seventy firefighters attended a blaze at London Zoo in Regents Park.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) were called at 6.08am to the Adventure cafe and shop near the Meerkat enclosure.
Ten fire engines, and around 70 firefighters and officers were tackling the fire which was brought under control at around 10am.
A photograph posted on Twitter by LFB shows smoke billowing from the building as firefighters work at the scene.
A spokeswoman for LFB said: “Approximately half of an adventure cafe and shop, which also contains an animal petting area, is currently alight.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not believed any animals are involved at this stage.”
She added that the cause of the fire is not currently known.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure