Fire crews tackle blaze at London Zoo in Regent’s Park
- Credit: PA
Seventy firefighters attended a blaze at London Zoo in Regents Park.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) were called at 6.08am to the Adventure cafe and shop near the Meerkat enclosure.
Ten fire engines, and around 70 firefighters and officers were tackling the fire which was brought under control at around 10am.
A photograph posted on Twitter by LFB shows smoke billowing from the building as firefighters work at the scene.
A spokeswoman for LFB said: “Approximately half of an adventure cafe and shop, which also contains an animal petting area, is currently alight.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not believed any animals are involved at this stage.”
She added that the cause of the fire is not currently known.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute