Fire crews tackle blaze at London Zoo in Regent’s Park
- Credit: PA
Seventy firefighters attended a blaze at London Zoo in Regents Park.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) were called at 6.08am to the Adventure cafe and shop near the Meerkat enclosure.
Ten fire engines, and around 70 firefighters and officers were tackling the fire which was brought under control at around 10am.
A photograph posted on Twitter by LFB shows smoke billowing from the building as firefighters work at the scene.
A spokeswoman for LFB said: “Approximately half of an adventure cafe and shop, which also contains an animal petting area, is currently alight.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not believed any animals are involved at this stage.”
She added that the cause of the fire is not currently known.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 4 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 5 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 6 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 7 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 West Hampstead flat owners face £100k bills for flammable cladding
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm