Huge fire rages through historic Stables Market in Camden Town
- Credit: Twitter @rubycadillac
A huge fire that can be seen for miles is raging through the historic Stables Market in Camden Town this evening.
The London Fire Brigade confirmed a number of railway arches used as shops are alight and around 600 people were evacuated from the area before firefighters arrived at the world famous market at about 8pm.
Firefighters are working hard to bring the blaze under control.
There are no reports of injuries and the cause is not known at this stage.
Fire borough commander Richard Welch, at the Stables Market, said on Twitter: “Fire has broken through the roof but smoke has dissipated. No one is involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London confirmed Camden High Street is closed and all traffic has been diverted up Kentish Town Road.
Drivers have been advised to use other routes and expect delays.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?
- 10 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey