Huge fire rages through historic Stables Market in Camden Town
- Credit: Twitter @rubycadillac
A huge fire that can be seen for miles is raging through the historic Stables Market in Camden Town this evening.
The London Fire Brigade confirmed a number of railway arches used as shops are alight and around 600 people were evacuated from the area before firefighters arrived at the world famous market at about 8pm.
Firefighters are working hard to bring the blaze under control.
There are no reports of injuries and the cause is not known at this stage.
Fire borough commander Richard Welch, at the Stables Market, said on Twitter: “Fire has broken through the roof but smoke has dissipated. No one is involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London confirmed Camden High Street is closed and all traffic has been diverted up Kentish Town Road.
Drivers have been advised to use other routes and expect delays.
- 1 How Agatha Christie spent the war in Hampstead
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 4 Teenage girls banned from Camden after Hampstead robbery spree
- 5 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 6 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
- 7 Hampstead man 'scammed out of £700' by DPD worker
- 8 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 9 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 10 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat