Huge fire rages through historic Stables Market in Camden Town
- Credit: Twitter @rubycadillac
A huge fire that can be seen for miles is raging through the historic Stables Market in Camden Town this evening.
The London Fire Brigade confirmed a number of railway arches used as shops are alight and around 600 people were evacuated from the area before firefighters arrived at the world famous market at about 8pm.
Firefighters are working hard to bring the blaze under control.
There are no reports of injuries and the cause is not known at this stage.
Fire borough commander Richard Welch, at the Stables Market, said on Twitter: “Fire has broken through the roof but smoke has dissipated. No one is involved.”
Transport for London confirmed Camden High Street is closed and all traffic has been diverted up Kentish Town Road.
Drivers have been advised to use other routes and expect delays.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 3 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 4 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 5 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 6 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 7 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 8 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 9 'Facile questions and ludicrous voices of opposition for "balance"'
- 10 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell