Huge fire rages through historic Stables Market in Camden Town
- Credit: Twitter @rubycadillac
A huge fire that can be seen for miles is raging through the historic Stables Market in Camden Town this evening.
The London Fire Brigade confirmed a number of railway arches used as shops are alight and around 600 people were evacuated from the area before firefighters arrived at the world famous market at about 8pm.
Firefighters are working hard to bring the blaze under control.
There are no reports of injuries and the cause is not known at this stage.
Fire borough commander Richard Welch, at the Stables Market, said on Twitter: “Fire has broken through the roof but smoke has dissipated. No one is involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London confirmed Camden High Street is closed and all traffic has been diverted up Kentish Town Road.
Drivers have been advised to use other routes and expect delays.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath