Huge fire rages through historic Stables Market in Camden Town
- Credit: Twitter @rubycadillac
A huge fire that can be seen for miles is raging through the historic Stables Market in Camden Town this evening.
The London Fire Brigade confirmed a number of railway arches used as shops are alight and around 600 people were evacuated from the area before firefighters arrived at the world famous market at about 8pm.
Firefighters are working hard to bring the blaze under control.
There are no reports of injuries and the cause is not known at this stage.
Fire borough commander Richard Welch, at the Stables Market, said on Twitter: “Fire has broken through the roof but smoke has dissipated. No one is involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London confirmed Camden High Street is closed and all traffic has been diverted up Kentish Town Road.
Drivers have been advised to use other routes and expect delays.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 Cllr Oliver Cooper: Housing key to make Camden 'family-friendly' again
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Free and Whittington under pressure amid London 'major incident'