Fire breaks out at High Tea of Highgate café

A fire has broken out at a popular tea room in Highgate Village this morning.

Fire crews were called to smoke coming from a microwave at High Tea of Highgate in the High Street at about 10.50am.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance staff at the scene.

The fire was brought under control by firefighters at about 11.15am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter