Man in hospital after being hit by police car in Golders Green
- Credit: London 999 Feed
A man is in hospital after being hit by a police car in the early hours of this morning in Golders Green.
At around 3am, a police car hit a 49-year-old man after he had run off from a car after a police pursuit in Finchley Road.
Officers gave him first aid before the London Ambulance Service arrived.
He was taken hospital and is in a stable condition. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening. The man has been arrested.
The Metropolitan Police said the Directorate of Professional Standards had been notified, as is routine. The Independent Office of Police Complaints has also been told about the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The incident caused problems for rush hour commuters this morning as the Finchley Road was closed between the North Circular and Golders Green.
This meant a number of buses, including the 13 and 460 were diverted.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 9 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
The road has now reopened.