Man in hospital after being hit by police car in Golders Green
- Credit: London 999 Feed
A man is in hospital after being hit by a police car in the early hours of this morning in Golders Green.
At around 3am, a police car hit a 49-year-old man after he had run off from a car after a police pursuit in Finchley Road.
Officers gave him first aid before the London Ambulance Service arrived.
He was taken hospital and is in a stable condition. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening. The man has been arrested.
The Metropolitan Police said the Directorate of Professional Standards had been notified, as is routine. The Independent Office of Police Complaints has also been told about the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The incident caused problems for rush hour commuters this morning as the Finchley Road was closed between the North Circular and Golders Green.
This meant a number of buses, including the 13 and 460 were diverted.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 6 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
The road has now reopened.