Man in hospital after being hit by police car in Golders Green
- Credit: London 999 Feed
A man is in hospital after being hit by a police car in the early hours of this morning in Golders Green.
At around 3am, a police car hit a 49-year-old man after he had run off from a car after a police pursuit in Finchley Road.
Officers gave him first aid before the London Ambulance Service arrived.
He was taken hospital and is in a stable condition. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening. The man has been arrested.
The Metropolitan Police said the Directorate of Professional Standards had been notified, as is routine. The Independent Office of Police Complaints has also been told about the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The incident caused problems for rush hour commuters this morning as the Finchley Road was closed between the North Circular and Golders Green.
This meant a number of buses, including the 13 and 460 were diverted.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
The road has now reopened.