Man in hospital after being hit by police car in Golders Green
- Credit: London 999 Feed
A man is in hospital after being hit by a police car in the early hours of this morning in Golders Green.
At around 3am, a police car hit a 49-year-old man after he had run off from a car after a police pursuit in Finchley Road.
Officers gave him first aid before the London Ambulance Service arrived.
He was taken hospital and is in a stable condition. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening. The man has been arrested.
The Metropolitan Police said the Directorate of Professional Standards had been notified, as is routine. The Independent Office of Police Complaints has also been told about the incident.
The incident caused problems for rush hour commuters this morning as the Finchley Road was closed between the North Circular and Golders Green.
This meant a number of buses, including the 13 and 460 were diverted.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 5 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 6 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 7 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 8 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 9 Five bedroom Arts and Crafts style house with landscaped garden in Muswell Hill/East Finchley borders
- 10 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
The road has now reopened.