Finchley Road car crash: Man arrested and person taken to hospital after British Transport Police collision
- Credit: @999London | Twitter
A person has been arrested and one man taken to hospital after a collision in Finchley Road on Wednesday night between a British Transport Police car and another vehicle.
A person has been arrested and one man taken to hospital after a collision in Finchley Road on Wednesday night involving a British Transport Police car.
Police were called at 10.25pm to the stretch between Finchley Road Station and Swiss Cottage following a collision between two cars.
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of dangerous driving and is currently in custody.
Another person involved had a “medical episode”, said the Met, and was taken ill to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the BTP car was “nudged” which then prompted the incident.
The AA temporarily shut part of Finchley Road, reporting on Wednesday night: “Road closed and queueing traffic due to serious accident on A41 Finchley Road Southbound between (Finchley Road Station) and (Swiss Cottage).
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 8 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
“The northbound side is down to one running lane as a result.”