Finchley Road car crash: Man arrested and person taken to hospital after British Transport Police collision
- Credit: @999London | Twitter
A person has been arrested and one man taken to hospital after a collision in Finchley Road on Wednesday night between a British Transport Police car and another vehicle.
A person has been arrested and one man taken to hospital after a collision in Finchley Road on Wednesday night involving a British Transport Police car.
Police were called at 10.25pm to the stretch between Finchley Road Station and Swiss Cottage following a collision between two cars.
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of dangerous driving and is currently in custody.
Another person involved had a “medical episode”, said the Met, and was taken ill to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the BTP car was “nudged” which then prompted the incident.
The AA temporarily shut part of Finchley Road, reporting on Wednesday night: “Road closed and queueing traffic due to serious accident on A41 Finchley Road Southbound between (Finchley Road Station) and (Swiss Cottage).
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
“The northbound side is down to one running lane as a result.”