Finchley Road 02 Centre hosts flower-themed fundraising events for Barnardos and Hampstead School of Art
- Credit: Archant
Finchley Road’s O2 Centre hosted a weekend of flower-themed charity fundraising events in aid of Barnardos and the Hampstead School of Art to co-incide with the Chelsea Flower Show.
Last week the shopping centre celebrated in green-fingered style with a series of events including still life drawing and classes for children to learn the basics of floristry and plant-potting.
Events took place from May 21 to 25.
Using sustainable plant pots made from biodegradable materials, families were able to work together to plant their flowers before taking them home.
On Sunday May 25, the focus turned to drawing the natural world, with help from students at the Hampstead School of Art.
You may also want to watch:
Students from the college helped would-be artists paint in the style of Monet - and the proceeds are to be reinvested into the art school.
Money made by the floristry and plant-pot making events will be donated to Barnados.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 6 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 7 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 8 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 9 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 10 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
Isabel H Langtry, Principal of Hampstead School of Art said: "We were delighted to be be working with the O2 Centre in widening public engagement in art making and well-being."