Finchley Road 02 Centre hosts flower-themed fundraising events for Barnardos and Hampstead School of Art
- Credit: Archant
Finchley Road’s O2 Centre hosted a weekend of flower-themed charity fundraising events in aid of Barnardos and the Hampstead School of Art to co-incide with the Chelsea Flower Show.
Last week the shopping centre celebrated in green-fingered style with a series of events including still life drawing and classes for children to learn the basics of floristry and plant-potting.
Events took place from May 21 to 25.
Using sustainable plant pots made from biodegradable materials, families were able to work together to plant their flowers before taking them home.
On Sunday May 25, the focus turned to drawing the natural world, with help from students at the Hampstead School of Art.
You may also want to watch:
Students from the college helped would-be artists paint in the style of Monet - and the proceeds are to be reinvested into the art school.
Money made by the floristry and plant-pot making events will be donated to Barnados.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Isabel H Langtry, Principal of Hampstead School of Art said: "We were delighted to be be working with the O2 Centre in widening public engagement in art making and well-being."