Finchley Road 02 Centre hosts flower-themed fundraising events for Barnardos and Hampstead School of Art
- Credit: Archant
Finchley Road’s O2 Centre hosted a weekend of flower-themed charity fundraising events in aid of Barnardos and the Hampstead School of Art to co-incide with the Chelsea Flower Show.
Last week the shopping centre celebrated in green-fingered style with a series of events including still life drawing and classes for children to learn the basics of floristry and plant-potting.
Events took place from May 21 to 25.
Using sustainable plant pots made from biodegradable materials, families were able to work together to plant their flowers before taking them home.
On Sunday May 25, the focus turned to drawing the natural world, with help from students at the Hampstead School of Art.
You may also want to watch:
Students from the college helped would-be artists paint in the style of Monet - and the proceeds are to be reinvested into the art school.
Money made by the floristry and plant-pot making events will be donated to Barnados.
- 1 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment
- 2 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 3 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 4 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 5 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 6 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 7 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 8 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
Isabel H Langtry, Principal of Hampstead School of Art said: "We were delighted to be be working with the O2 Centre in widening public engagement in art making and well-being."