Finchley and Golders Green: Clareine Enderby named as Lib Dem candidate in case of snap election
- Credit: Archant
The Liberal Democrats have named their next parliamentary candidate for the Finchley and Golders Green constituency.
Should there be a snap election, Finchley local Clareine Enderby will be wearing a yellow rosette and hoping to unseat the sitting Tory MP Mike Freer.
Ms Enderby, who worked as a solicitor before going to drama school, said: “I joined the party in January 2017 as a result of my frustration and distress at the government’s disastrous mishandling of Brexit, and my alarm at the failure of Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour party to act as an effective opposition.
“Neither Mrs May nor Mr Corbyn are listening: the tide has turned on Brexit. We need politicians who understand people’s concerns and make policy based on evidence, not dogma.”
In the 2017 general election the Liberal Democrat candidate Jonathan Davies came a distance third with 6.6 per cent of the vote.
You may also want to watch:
The Liberal Democrats have never previously held the Finchley and Golders Green seat.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale