Finchley and Golders Green: Clareine Enderby named as Lib Dem candidate in case of snap election
- Credit: Archant
The Liberal Democrats have named their next parliamentary candidate for the Finchley and Golders Green constituency.
Should there be a snap election, Finchley local Clareine Enderby will be wearing a yellow rosette and hoping to unseat the sitting Tory MP Mike Freer.
Ms Enderby, who worked as a solicitor before going to drama school, said: “I joined the party in January 2017 as a result of my frustration and distress at the government’s disastrous mishandling of Brexit, and my alarm at the failure of Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour party to act as an effective opposition.
“Neither Mrs May nor Mr Corbyn are listening: the tide has turned on Brexit. We need politicians who understand people’s concerns and make policy based on evidence, not dogma.”
In the 2017 general election the Liberal Democrat candidate Jonathan Davies came a distance third with 6.6 per cent of the vote.
You may also want to watch:
The Liberal Democrats have never previously held the Finchley and Golders Green seat.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return