Finchley and Golders Green: Clareine Enderby named as Lib Dem candidate in case of snap election
- Credit: Archant
The Liberal Democrats have named their next parliamentary candidate for the Finchley and Golders Green constituency.
Should there be a snap election, Finchley local Clareine Enderby will be wearing a yellow rosette and hoping to unseat the sitting Tory MP Mike Freer.
Ms Enderby, who worked as a solicitor before going to drama school, said: “I joined the party in January 2017 as a result of my frustration and distress at the government’s disastrous mishandling of Brexit, and my alarm at the failure of Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour party to act as an effective opposition.
“Neither Mrs May nor Mr Corbyn are listening: the tide has turned on Brexit. We need politicians who understand people’s concerns and make policy based on evidence, not dogma.”
In the 2017 general election the Liberal Democrat candidate Jonathan Davies came a distance third with 6.6 per cent of the vote.
You may also want to watch:
The Liberal Democrats have never previously held the Finchley and Golders Green seat.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep