Finchley and Golders Green: Clareine Enderby named as Lib Dem candidate in case of snap election
- Credit: Archant
The Liberal Democrats have named their next parliamentary candidate for the Finchley and Golders Green constituency.
Should there be a snap election, Finchley local Clareine Enderby will be wearing a yellow rosette and hoping to unseat the sitting Tory MP Mike Freer.
Ms Enderby, who worked as a solicitor before going to drama school, said: “I joined the party in January 2017 as a result of my frustration and distress at the government’s disastrous mishandling of Brexit, and my alarm at the failure of Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour party to act as an effective opposition.
“Neither Mrs May nor Mr Corbyn are listening: the tide has turned on Brexit. We need politicians who understand people’s concerns and make policy based on evidence, not dogma.”
In the 2017 general election the Liberal Democrat candidate Jonathan Davies came a distance third with 6.6 per cent of the vote.
You may also want to watch:
The Liberal Democrats have never previously held the Finchley and Golders Green seat.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham