Finchley and Golders Green: Clareine Enderby named as Lib Dem candidate in case of snap election
- Credit: Archant
The Liberal Democrats have named their next parliamentary candidate for the Finchley and Golders Green constituency.
Should there be a snap election, Finchley local Clareine Enderby will be wearing a yellow rosette and hoping to unseat the sitting Tory MP Mike Freer.
Ms Enderby, who worked as a solicitor before going to drama school, said: “I joined the party in January 2017 as a result of my frustration and distress at the government’s disastrous mishandling of Brexit, and my alarm at the failure of Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour party to act as an effective opposition.
“Neither Mrs May nor Mr Corbyn are listening: the tide has turned on Brexit. We need politicians who understand people’s concerns and make policy based on evidence, not dogma.”
In the 2017 general election the Liberal Democrat candidate Jonathan Davies came a distance third with 6.6 per cent of the vote.
You may also want to watch:
The Liberal Democrats have never previously held the Finchley and Golders Green seat.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points