Finchley and Golders Green Lib Dem candidate: ‘Our success in government is clear’
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Golders Green Synagogue treasurer Jonathan Davies will stand for the Liberal Democrats for the second time in his home constituency next month.
The retired solicitor, who lives in West Heath Road, Golders Green, stood for the Lib Dems in Finchley and Golders Green in 1997, polling more than 5,000 votes.
Mr Davies, 53, a former Childs Hill councillor, said: “The Liberal Democrats have a record of success in government, and we will be promising more. We have given an £800 tax cut to low and middle income earners.
“Disadvantaged primary school kids in the Barnet will receive £15.6million this year to boost attainment, thanks to the Liberal Democrats’ pupil premium.
“We will balance the budget by 2018, continue cutting taxes for low and middle earners and ensure decent public services, creating opportunity for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“Only the Liberal Democrats will create opportunity for all by building a stronger economy and a fairer society.”
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark