Final all boys' year group at Highgate School celebrate 'brilliant' GCSE results
BOYS at the Highgate School showed that they can also achieve a full sweep of A*s at GCSE, as the class of 2010 did better than ever. Today was a historic day for the North Road school, as the final all boys year group collected their GCSE results. In Se
BOYS at the Highgate School showed that they can also achieve a full sweep of A*s at GCSE, as the class of 2010 did better than ever.
Today was a historic day for the North Road school, as the final all boys' year group collected their GCSE results. In September, they will be joined by girls in the lower sixth and every other year group already has girls so the schools will become full co-educational.
In total, 37 of the boys achieved 9A*s or more. There were particularly strong results in the Spanish, chemistry and physics departments - where more than 75 per cent of pupils achieved an A*.
Adam Pettitt, the headteacher, said this was the school's best ever results as 61 per cent of the total grades were A*.
"This was the last generation of all boys and they did brilliantly," he told the Ham &High.
Jimmy Graham, 16, of Stanhope Gardens, Highgate, was shocked to discover he had gained 10A*s.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
He said: "I'm really, really happy; it was really unexpected. I feel out of this world because I was not aiming for anything that high.
"From what I've heard everyone's done well and they're all pretty happy.