Final all boys' year group at Highgate School celebrate 'brilliant' GCSE results
BOYS at the Highgate School showed that they can also achieve a full sweep of A*s at GCSE, as the class of 2010 did better than ever. Today was a historic day for the North Road school, as the final all boys year group collected their GCSE results. In Se
BOYS at the Highgate School showed that they can also achieve a full sweep of A*s at GCSE, as the class of 2010 did better than ever.
Today was a historic day for the North Road school, as the final all boys' year group collected their GCSE results. In September, they will be joined by girls in the lower sixth and every other year group already has girls so the schools will become full co-educational.
In total, 37 of the boys achieved 9A*s or more. There were particularly strong results in the Spanish, chemistry and physics departments - where more than 75 per cent of pupils achieved an A*.
Adam Pettitt, the headteacher, said this was the school's best ever results as 61 per cent of the total grades were A*.
You may also want to watch:
"This was the last generation of all boys and they did brilliantly," he told the Ham &High.
Jimmy Graham, 16, of Stanhope Gardens, Highgate, was shocked to discover he had gained 10A*s.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
He said: "I'm really, really happy; it was really unexpected. I feel out of this world because I was not aiming for anything that high.
"From what I've heard everyone's done well and they're all pretty happy.