Jamie Bell and Annette Bening shot ‘Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool’ scenes in Swiss Cottage, Crouch End and Muswell Hill
- Credit: Archant
A romantic film starring ‘Billy Elliot’ actor Jamie Bell and ‘American Beauty’ actress Annette Bening was shot in locations across Haringey and Camden, it has been revealed.
‘Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool’ saw 150 cast and crew descend on Muswell Hill’s Everyman cinema with Bell and Bening filmed waiting to see the movie ‘Alien’.
Crouch End’s Earl Haig Hall featured as a pub theatre where 1950s screen siren Gloria Grahame, played by Bening, went on a date with Peter Turner (Bell) after meeting at a Primrose Hill boarding house in 1979.
Hornsey Town Hall saw filming and the Hampstead Theatre features with Bening performing as Grahame.
The real Peter Turner, whose memoirs led to the film, plays a stage manager.
You may also want to watch:
FilmFixer manage Camden and Haringey councils’ film office services. Director Karen Everett said: “Whether or not film stars die in Liverpool, they certainly enjoy romance in north London.”
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 10 London Marathon and charity event in aid of Diabetes UK