Jamie Bell and Annette Bening shot ‘Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool’ scenes in Swiss Cottage, Crouch End and Muswell Hill
- Credit: Archant
A romantic film starring ‘Billy Elliot’ actor Jamie Bell and ‘American Beauty’ actress Annette Bening was shot in locations across Haringey and Camden, it has been revealed.
‘Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool’ saw 150 cast and crew descend on Muswell Hill’s Everyman cinema with Bell and Bening filmed waiting to see the movie ‘Alien’.
Crouch End’s Earl Haig Hall featured as a pub theatre where 1950s screen siren Gloria Grahame, played by Bening, went on a date with Peter Turner (Bell) after meeting at a Primrose Hill boarding house in 1979.
Hornsey Town Hall saw filming and the Hampstead Theatre features with Bening performing as Grahame.
The real Peter Turner, whose memoirs led to the film, plays a stage manager.
You may also want to watch:
FilmFixer manage Camden and Haringey councils’ film office services. Director Karen Everett said: “Whether or not film stars die in Liverpool, they certainly enjoy romance in north London.”
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives