Jamie Bell and Annette Bening shot ‘Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool’ scenes in Swiss Cottage, Crouch End and Muswell Hill
- Credit: Archant
A romantic film starring ‘Billy Elliot’ actor Jamie Bell and ‘American Beauty’ actress Annette Bening was shot in locations across Haringey and Camden, it has been revealed.
‘Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool’ saw 150 cast and crew descend on Muswell Hill’s Everyman cinema with Bell and Bening filmed waiting to see the movie ‘Alien’.
Crouch End’s Earl Haig Hall featured as a pub theatre where 1950s screen siren Gloria Grahame, played by Bening, went on a date with Peter Turner (Bell) after meeting at a Primrose Hill boarding house in 1979.
Hornsey Town Hall saw filming and the Hampstead Theatre features with Bening performing as Grahame.
The real Peter Turner, whose memoirs led to the film, plays a stage manager.
You may also want to watch:
FilmFixer manage Camden and Haringey councils’ film office services. Director Karen Everett said: “Whether or not film stars die in Liverpool, they certainly enjoy romance in north London.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers