Festival organisers cry: ‘Help us light up Highgate for Christmas’
A fundraising appeal to light up Highgate in time for Christmas has been launched by organisers of the village’s annual yuletide festival.
Highgate Festive Events, the team in charge of the village’s switch-on event, need to raise between £14,000 and £15,000 to erect lights in Highgate High Street.
They have issued a plea to residents and businesses to give as much as possible to ensure the village is illuminated.
Haringey Council has confirmed it will give £4,000 towards the cost but organisers still need to find more.
Jane Wiles, of children’s boutique Notsobig in Highgate High Street, said: “If we don’t raise the money, we won’t be able to have lights in the High Street.”
You may also want to watch:
TV presenter Alex Zane has confirmed he will host the event this year, which will also feature live reindeer and a camel.
If you would like to donate, drop donations into Prickett and Ellis Underhill estate agents or Notsobig in Highgate High Street.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
Cheques are payable to Highgate Festive Events.