Festival organisers cry: ‘Help us light up Highgate for Christmas’
A fundraising appeal to light up Highgate in time for Christmas has been launched by organisers of the village’s annual yuletide festival.
Highgate Festive Events, the team in charge of the village’s switch-on event, need to raise between £14,000 and £15,000 to erect lights in Highgate High Street.
They have issued a plea to residents and businesses to give as much as possible to ensure the village is illuminated.
Haringey Council has confirmed it will give £4,000 towards the cost but organisers still need to find more.
Jane Wiles, of children’s boutique Notsobig in Highgate High Street, said: “If we don’t raise the money, we won’t be able to have lights in the High Street.”
You may also want to watch:
TV presenter Alex Zane has confirmed he will host the event this year, which will also feature live reindeer and a camel.
If you would like to donate, drop donations into Prickett and Ellis Underhill estate agents or Notsobig in Highgate High Street.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Cheques are payable to Highgate Festive Events.