Female detective dies on duty in Camden
A female police officer has died while on duty in Camden.
Detective Constable Adele Cashman, 30, collapsed in Belsize Park Gardens at around 9.45pm last night.
She was taken by ambulance to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead but died at 11.10pm.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said her family has been informed and enquiries continue into the circumstances of her death.
Commander Tony Eastaugh said: “The thoughts of everyone in the Metropolitan Police Service are very much with Adele’s family, friends and colleagues at this extremely difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“Adele worked on both Camden and Wandsworth boroughs and was held in high regard by all who met her - she will be sorely missed by everyone who had the privilege of working alongside her.’’
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 8 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs