Feline beast on the prowl in West Hampstead as second big cat spotted
Days after the Ham&High exclusively revealed the truth behind a leopard-like cat stalking Highgate’s streets, another feline beast has been glimpsed - this time in West Hampstead.
Described by one resident as “bigger than a fox but with the face of a cat”, the oversized feline was spotted prowling in a residential garden in the early hours of Tuesday morning (September 20).
Bob Windsor, 47, of Sherriff Road, West Hampstead, said: “My own cat went out the front window at 2am and it started making these noises like there was another cat around.
“I looked out the window and there was this cat that was bigger than a fox, but it had a cat’s face. Compared to my cat it was massive.
“I went out the front door and the animal just turned and stared at me. Suddenly it then hopped over the fence really gracefully.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Windsor says the unknown grey-haired animal towered over his pet cat.
He said: “You could tell straight away it wasn’t a fox because of the way it ran down the road – it was so graceful.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
“I’ve never seen anything like it before.”
It comes after the mystery of a cat with leopard print spots and tiger stripes, that has been spotted prowling into Highgate homes, was finally solved last week.
The exotic-looking feline was revealed to be a Savannah cat, a designer feline thought to be worth thousands of pounds.