Feathers were flying when Kathy (Lette) met Kylie (Minogue)
The audience was in hysterics when Kathy met Kylie last week when she appeared with Kylie Minogue to launch the singer s new home furnishings range. Chick lit novelist Kathy Lette didn t shy away from jokes about her fellow Aussie at the gala event to unv
The audience was in hysterics when Kathy met Kylie last week when she appeared with Kylie Minogue to launch the singer's new home furnishings range.
Chick lit novelist Kathy Lette didn't shy away from jokes about her fellow Aussie at the gala event to unveil Kylie At Home.
She even said the diminutive songstress was "more controlling than Liz Taylor's pantyhose" when it comes to collaborating with designers, prompting Kylie to mock-punch her compatriot. Remarking on the singer's ostrich feather mini-dress, Ms Lette added: "Just look at that dress! If I wore it people would think I'd just got laid!
"They'd say, 'I suppose a pluck would be out of the question?'"
But speaking to Heathman this week, the cheeky novelist said Kylie did in fact look like a goddess. She added: "She looked wonderful, stunning actually. And her new linen range is gorgeous, I must say - and all machine washable including the sequins. Which is great for demented mums like me. I'm am often so tired I throw the clothing into the machine with the kids still in them!
"I asked Kylie if she was worried about all the men who could now go around town saying that they'd been to bed with Kylie. She laughed and I thought yes, in their sweet dreams.
- 1 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 5 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue