Feathers were flying when Kathy (Lette) met Kylie (Minogue)
The audience was in hysterics when Kathy met Kylie last week when she appeared with Kylie Minogue to launch the singer s new home furnishings range. Chick lit novelist Kathy Lette didn t shy away from jokes about her fellow Aussie at the gala event to unv
The audience was in hysterics when Kathy met Kylie last week when she appeared with Kylie Minogue to launch the singer's new home furnishings range.
Chick lit novelist Kathy Lette didn't shy away from jokes about her fellow Aussie at the gala event to unveil Kylie At Home.
She even said the diminutive songstress was "more controlling than Liz Taylor's pantyhose" when it comes to collaborating with designers, prompting Kylie to mock-punch her compatriot. Remarking on the singer's ostrich feather mini-dress, Ms Lette added: "Just look at that dress! If I wore it people would think I'd just got laid!
"They'd say, 'I suppose a pluck would be out of the question?'"
You may also want to watch:
But speaking to Heathman this week, the cheeky novelist said Kylie did in fact look like a goddess. She added: "She looked wonderful, stunning actually. And her new linen range is gorgeous, I must say - and all machine washable including the sequins. Which is great for demented mums like me. I'm am often so tired I throw the clothing into the machine with the kids still in them!
"I asked Kylie if she was worried about all the men who could now go around town saying that they'd been to bed with Kylie. She laughed and I thought yes, in their sweet dreams.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points